Aug 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They were teammates in Calgary for two seasons.
Jul 26, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane up the middle haven’t cut it.
Jul 3, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
Veteran forward returns to the Eastern Conference.
Jul 3, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
The Derek Roy trade left the Sabres thin down the middle.
Jul 1, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
The former Calgary forward heads to the desert.
May 23, 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
Phoenix’s inspiring year is over.
May 19, 2012, 7:46 PM EDT
Breaking down Game 4 between Los Angeles and Phoenix.
May 17, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
The Kings are ruthless after allowing a goal.
May 17, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Pouliot draws in for the first time this series.
May 15, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Anze Kopitar, Mike Richards, Jarret Stoll and Colin Fraser lead the charge.
May 10, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
Two teams boasting a good number of postseason vets.
Apr 19, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Coyotes down a trio of forwards heading into tonight’s game vs. Chicago.
Apr 5, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Former Calgary coach remains critical of organization.
Mar 25, 2012, 1:57 AM EDT
Joe Thornton became the 41st player in NHL history to reach the 750 assist mark.
Nov 3, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Things are looking ugly in Calgary and with talk of a rebuild coming, pursuing Kyle Turris would be a hell of a way to start it up.
Oct 16, 2011, 1:21 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes defended their turf on Saturday night by beating Winnipeg in their home opener. Jets fans that made the trip never even had a chance to get into the game…
Oct 3, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
People have vastly underestimated Phoenix over the last two seasons and the Coyotes have consistently exceeded expectations. But without Ilya Bryzgalov around and question marks in net, is this the season when the Coyotes fall from the playoff race?
Sep 17, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Coyotes GM Don Maloney talks to PHT about the offseason, new acquisitions, and insultingly low expectations from the experts.
Aug 31, 2011, 3:17 PM EDT
Daymond Langkow passed his physical today, so he’ll be involved in all “club activities” for the Coyotes. Will he be the difference-maker they need at center, though?
Aug 29, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Phoenix gets the help up the middle they’re looking for as they trade Lee Stempniak to Calgary for Daymond Langkow.
Jul 15, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
The Flames brought back Brendan Morrison with a reasonable one-year, $1.25 million deal. PHT takes a quick look at this move in relation to the team’s shaky overall structure.
Jul 2, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
With Brad Richards headed to the New York Rangers, the three teams that failed to land him are now left to figure out what to do next to help them out for next season.
Jun 23, 2011, 1:53 AM EDT
Perseverance through hardship in the NHL is a most honorable thing and Flyers forward Ian Laperriere’s battle with post-concussion problems made him this year’s winner of the Masterton Trophy.
Apr 26, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
The NHL named three players for its annual award for perseverance: Ray Emery, Daymond Langkow and Ian Laperriere. Vote in the poll to tell us who deserves to win the Masterton Trophy.
Mar 31, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
Many people (reasonably) thought that a broken vertebra would end Daymond Langkow’s career, but the Flames announced that he might play in Friday’s game against the Blues.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)