Jul 14, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
Five RFAs filed for arbitration.
May 31, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Now that True North is set to purchase the Atlanta Thrashers, the fans in Winnipeg have a mission to complete: Sell 13,000 season tickets before June 21.
It’s official: Atlanta Thrashers to be sold to True North Sports and Entertainment, moved to Winnipeg
May 31, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
With a press conference on the way at noon Eastern in Winnipeg, True North will be announcing their purchase of the Atlanta Thrashers and the relocation of the franchise.
May 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Former Winnipeg Jets forward Luciano Borsato thinks a team in Winnipeg can absolutely work there again, whether they’re named the Jets or not.
May 24, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed is doing his due diligence to comment on how sad it would be for the city to lose the Thrashers.
May 20, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
From thoughts on Tim Thomas, to Victor Hedman, to the Thrashers’ likely move to Winnipeg we’ve got a lot to figure out here.
May 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
If you were hoping that Atlanta native, sports fan, and rapper Lil’ John would want to jump in and try to buy the team then you must be krunk.
May 16, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
If you thing the NHL isn’t prepared for a potential move to Winnipeg by the Atlanta Thrashers, you’d be wrong as they’ve reportedly got a schedule drawn up for either Atlanta or Winnipeg.
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
If the Atlanta Thrashers are bought and moved to Winnipeg, the NHL will have to figure out a realignment plan sending one Western Conference team to the Eastern Conference. But who should go?
May 12, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
With the rumors heating up even more about the potential relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg, there’s a side effect in all this that bodes especially well for the Phoenix Coyotes.
May 11, 2011, 2:14 AM EDT
After a night filled with debates and speaking up from the citizens, the Glendale City Council voted to approve $25 million to the NHL for the second straight year to fund losses for the team to keep them in the desert for one more year.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 21, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is an impending unrestricted free agent and he’s made a good home in Phoenix. If the team moves to Winnipeg next year, they shouldn’t count on having him return to the team.
Apr 15, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
While the Coyotes have their hands full in dealing with the Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs, it’s looking like things behind the scenes are unraveling for their hopes to stay in the desert.
Mar 29, 2011, 11:01 PM EDT
The fans in Phoenix are in the awkward position of knowing they may not have a team to root for next year, knowing the potential deal with Matthew Hulsizer may be trouble, but don’t hold a grudge with Winnipeg.
Mar 15, 2011, 8:47 PM EDT
The saber rattling is officially done now as the watchdog group Goldwater Institute has filed a lawsuit against the City of Glendale over their proposed deal with prospective new Coyotes owner Matthew Hulsizer.
Mar 7, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
Is it possible the saga of the Phoenix Coyotes is coming to an unhappy ending in the desert? The game of chicken between the City of Glendale and the Goldwater Institute continues as the team’s fate hangs in the balance.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)