Jul 14, 2013, 9:21 AM EST
Five RFAs filed for arbitration.
May 31, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
Now that True North is set to purchase the Atlanta Thrashers, the fans in Winnipeg have a mission to complete: Sell 13,000 season tickets before June 21.
It’s official: Atlanta Thrashers to be sold to True North Sports and Entertainment, moved to Winnipeg
May 31, 2011, 10:39 AM EST
With a press conference on the way at noon Eastern in Winnipeg, True North will be announcing their purchase of the Atlanta Thrashers and the relocation of the franchise.
May 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Former Winnipeg Jets forward Luciano Borsato thinks a team in Winnipeg can absolutely work there again, whether they’re named the Jets or not.
May 24, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed is doing his due diligence to comment on how sad it would be for the city to lose the Thrashers.
May 20, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
From thoughts on Tim Thomas, to Victor Hedman, to the Thrashers’ likely move to Winnipeg we’ve got a lot to figure out here.
May 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
If you were hoping that Atlanta native, sports fan, and rapper Lil’ John would want to jump in and try to buy the team then you must be krunk.
May 16, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
If you thing the NHL isn’t prepared for a potential move to Winnipeg by the Atlanta Thrashers, you’d be wrong as they’ve reportedly got a schedule drawn up for either Atlanta or Winnipeg.
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
If the Atlanta Thrashers are bought and moved to Winnipeg, the NHL will have to figure out a realignment plan sending one Western Conference team to the Eastern Conference. But who should go?
May 12, 2011, 9:15 PM EST
With the rumors heating up even more about the potential relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg, there’s a side effect in all this that bodes especially well for the Phoenix Coyotes.
May 11, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
After a night filled with debates and speaking up from the citizens, the Glendale City Council voted to approve $25 million to the NHL for the second straight year to fund losses for the team to keep them in the desert for one more year.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 21, 2011, 5:51 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov is an impending unrestricted free agent and he’s made a good home in Phoenix. If the team moves to Winnipeg next year, they shouldn’t count on having him return to the team.
Apr 15, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
While the Coyotes have their hands full in dealing with the Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs, it’s looking like things behind the scenes are unraveling for their hopes to stay in the desert.
Mar 29, 2011, 11:01 PM EST
The fans in Phoenix are in the awkward position of knowing they may not have a team to root for next year, knowing the potential deal with Matthew Hulsizer may be trouble, but don’t hold a grudge with Winnipeg.
Mar 15, 2011, 8:47 PM EST
The saber rattling is officially done now as the watchdog group Goldwater Institute has filed a lawsuit against the City of Glendale over their proposed deal with prospective new Coyotes owner Matthew Hulsizer.
Mar 7, 2011, 7:17 PM EST
Is it possible the saga of the Phoenix Coyotes is coming to an unhappy ending in the desert? The game of chicken between the City of Glendale and the Goldwater Institute continues as the team’s fate hangs in the balance.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)