Aug 8, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
After Brett Lebda cleared waivers for the Predators earlier today, they’ve already started moving on signing former Islanders blue liner Jack Hillen to help fill out ranks.
Aug 8, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
To the surprise of just about no one, Brett Lebda cleared waivers today.
Aug 6, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
A report today says that Brett Lebda will be bought out by the Nashville Predators after being put on unconditional waivers. While that’s all well and good… Can they even do it?
Aug 5, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
As eventful as the offseason has been for the Nashville Predators and their fans, it’s nothing compared to the work they have ahead next summer.
Aug 3, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Shea Weber’s arbitration decision is a monstrous one and one that should have the Predators worried about how far they may have pushed their captain.
Aug 2, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
After months of negotiations, Shea Weber and the Nashville Predators were unable to avoid salary arbitration. Now we know why: Weber was looking for $8.5 million per season while the Predators were offering $4.75 million per season.
Aug 2, 2011, 10:56 AM EST
To the shock of many and the dismay of Predators fans, Shea Weber and his team couldn’t come to terms on a deal in time to avoid salary arbitration. Here’s a little rundown of the situation, which is still in discussion.
Jul 28, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The Nashville Predators signed former Washington defenseman Tyler Sloan to a one-year contract to add depth to their blueline as Francis Bouillon continues to fight concussion-like symptoms. Meanwhile, the Preds management is preparing for an arbitration hearing with Shea Weber on Tuesday.
Jul 27, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
Shea Weber’s contract situation continues to roll along quietly. A little too quiet perhaps.
Jul 16, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Only three Predators draft picks made the jump to the NHL before playing in the AHL, but some wonder if stud defenseman Ryan Ellis might be primed to pull that rare feat off.
Jul 13, 2011, 11:02 PM EST
The Nashville Predators unveiled their newest home jersey to their fanbase at tonight’s Skate of the Union event.
Jul 8, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
From the “better late than never” file, the Nashville may see Alexander Radulov back in a Predators jersey as soon as the 2012-13 season. Wouldn’t it be nice if they had him as a back-up plan for Sergei Kostitsyn?
Jul 6, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
Former Predators #1 pick Ryan Ellis might be among the new faces on the Nashville blue line next season.
Jul 3, 2011, 5:18 PM EST
The Predators moved on quickly after dealing off Cody Franson and Matt Lombardi while acquiring disappointing defenseman Brett Lebda. Signing possible spark plug forward Niclas Bergfors should do the trick.
Jul 3, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
The Leafs and Predators swing a deal that sees the Predators clear up salary space and the Leafs gain a solid defenseman and potentially a very useful forward.
NHLPA files grievance over Nashville Predators qualifying offers, could make seven players free agents
Jun 30, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
The Predators might have seven unexpected new unrestricted free agents come Friday if the NHLPA wins their grievance over the Predators’ filing of their qualifying offers. It turns out the Predators may not have a good grasp on how FedEx works.
Jun 18, 2011, 12:58 AM EST
The Nashville Predators have filed for arbitration with Shea Weber; not so much to settle a salary dispute, but more to protect themselves from any potential offer sheets.
Apr 20, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The NHL named the three nominees for the 2010-11 GM of the Year award: Vancouver’s Mike Gillis, Nashville’s David Poile and Tampa Bay’s Steve Yzerman. Find out more about their work and vote for your favorite in the poll.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EST
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Feb 24, 2011, 9:15 PM EST
The Predators depth at center takes yet another blow as Marcel Goc is done for the year with a shoulder injury.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 22
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 31
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)