Aug 8, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
To the surprise of just about no one, Brett Lebda cleared waivers today.
Aug 6, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
A report today says that Brett Lebda will be bought out by the Nashville Predators after being put on unconditional waivers. While that’s all well and good… Can they even do it?
Aug 5, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
As eventful as the offseason has been for the Nashville Predators and their fans, it’s nothing compared to the work they have ahead next summer.
Aug 3, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Shea Weber’s arbitration decision is a monstrous one and one that should have the Predators worried about how far they may have pushed their captain.
Aug 2, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
After months of negotiations, Shea Weber and the Nashville Predators were unable to avoid salary arbitration. Now we know why: Weber was looking for $8.5 million per season while the Predators were offering $4.75 million per season.
Aug 2, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
To the shock of many and the dismay of Predators fans, Shea Weber and his team couldn’t come to terms on a deal in time to avoid salary arbitration. Here’s a little rundown of the situation, which is still in discussion.
Jul 28, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed former Washington defenseman Tyler Sloan to a one-year contract to add depth to their blueline as Francis Bouillon continues to fight concussion-like symptoms. Meanwhile, the Preds management is preparing for an arbitration hearing with Shea Weber on Tuesday.
Jul 27, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
Shea Weber’s contract situation continues to roll along quietly. A little too quiet perhaps.
Jul 16, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
Only three Predators draft picks made the jump to the NHL before playing in the AHL, but some wonder if stud defenseman Ryan Ellis might be primed to pull that rare feat off.
Jul 13, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators unveiled their newest home jersey to their fanbase at tonight’s Skate of the Union event.
Jul 8, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
From the “better late than never” file, the Nashville may see Alexander Radulov back in a Predators jersey as soon as the 2012-13 season. Wouldn’t it be nice if they had him as a back-up plan for Sergei Kostitsyn?
Jul 6, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Former Predators #1 pick Ryan Ellis might be among the new faces on the Nashville blue line next season.
Jul 3, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
The Predators moved on quickly after dealing off Cody Franson and Matt Lombardi while acquiring disappointing defenseman Brett Lebda. Signing possible spark plug forward Niclas Bergfors should do the trick.
Jul 3, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
The Leafs and Predators swing a deal that sees the Predators clear up salary space and the Leafs gain a solid defenseman and potentially a very useful forward.
NHLPA files grievance over Nashville Predators qualifying offers, could make seven players free agents
Jun 30, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
The Predators might have seven unexpected new unrestricted free agents come Friday if the NHLPA wins their grievance over the Predators’ filing of their qualifying offers. It turns out the Predators may not have a good grasp on how FedEx works.
Jun 18, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators have filed for arbitration with Shea Weber; not so much to settle a salary dispute, but more to protect themselves from any potential offer sheets.
Apr 20, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The NHL named the three nominees for the 2010-11 GM of the Year award: Vancouver’s Mike Gillis, Nashville’s David Poile and Tampa Bay’s Steve Yzerman. Find out more about their work and vote for your favorite in the poll.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EDT
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Feb 24, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Predators depth at center takes yet another blow as Marcel Goc is done for the year with a shoulder injury.
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)