Nov 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Somewhere Jim Carrey is muttering about the number 23 as Ottawa’s #11 is set to return on 11/11/11.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:46 PM EST
Some heated words were exchanged prior to tonight’s Rangers-Senators tilt.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
Won’t play tonight. Maybe Friday.
Nov 9, 2011, 8:40 AM EST
Jarome Iginla has been the face of the Flames for years now but with the outlook bleak in Calgary, could he one day do what Ray Bourque did to get a shot at a Stanley Cup?
Nov 8, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Joe Frazier had at least one NHL fan in Ray Emery. Meanwhile, Dustin Byfuglien would like to stay on the blue line… Maybe. All that and more in your Morning Skate.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EST
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EST
Senators GM Bryan Murray reveals that Daniel Alfredsson will miss at least a week with what looks like a concussion.
Oct 31, 2011, 12:09 PM EST
After getting dinged by Wojtek Wolski, Daniel Alfredsson is going to sit out til his concussion symptoms disappear.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:49 PM EST
The Senators continued their improbable roll on Sunday with a 3-2 win over Toronto.
Oct 30, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Two of Saturday’s most contentious hits won’t receive further punishment.
Oct 29, 2011, 5:58 PM EST
Watch Wojtek Wolski catch Daniel Alfredsson in the head with an illegal check that Brendan Shanahan will be reviewing this weekend.
Oct 24, 2011, 6:24 PM EST
With a few ideas on where he could go.
Oct 24, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
The Senators will be without the services of Daniel Alfredsson tomorrow night against Carolina.
Oct 21, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
Daniel Alfredsson’s career is winding down in Ottawa but could he finish it out somewhere else via trade to win a Cup the way Ray Bourque did in Colorado? It’s possible.
Oct 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Most people felt that the Ottawa Senators were going to struggle this season. But after only a single week, their showing some strong signs of being #1 by year’s end… at the NHL Entry Draft.
Oct 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Senators might have a chance to be scrappy during the 2011-12 season, but they might be better off hitting the lottery for another year.
Sep 28, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The deck already seemed stacked against the Senators from a talent perspective, but the schedule makers didn’t do them any favors with two brutal stretches early next season.
Sep 28, 2011, 1:03 AM EST
Mika Zibanejad is making a serious case to join the Ottawa Senators right out of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, but if the team is as bad as expected, it might be a waste of a bargain entry-level year.
Aug 16, 2011, 1:13 PM EST
Bruce Garrioch reports that Daniel Alfredsson skated for the first time since undergoing back surgery today, which indicates that the captain’s rehab continues to stay on track.
Aug 10, 2011, 3:36 PM EST
Oh, Ottawa. You started off so well but you’re lost in a cycle of looking terrible. Looks like the Senators are taking that whole resembling government thing a bit too much to heart.
Aug 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators have plenty of events planned for their 20th anniversary celebration; but the best gift of all to the fans would be a few more wins. Ah, the joys of rebuilding.
Aug 4, 2011, 6:28 PM EST
Six weeks after back surgery, Daniel Alfredsson’s rehab process is reportedly “on track.”
Jun 7, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson is expected to undergo back surgery on Friday. He’s expected to take four to six weeks to recover.
Apr 8, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
No, that isn’t a misprint. Ottawa is giving general manager Bryan Murray a three-year contract extension to try and lead the Senators out of
Apr 4, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson is being shut down for the rest of the season. Fear not Sens fans… He’ll be back.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)