Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
You can add Milan Michalek to the list of players dealing with a concussion.
Dec 13, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Are the Maple Leafs trending downwards and headed for a struggle to stay in the playoffs? History would say “yes.” That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 12, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
Give the NHL’s disciplinarian his report card.
Dec 10, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
The Senators are getting reinforcements tonight in the forms Peter Regin and Matt Carkner.
Nov 27, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
Filly don’t do AHL.
Nov 22, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
BTW, the All-Star Game is in Ottawa.
Nov 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Somewhere Jim Carrey is muttering about the number 23 as Ottawa’s #11 is set to return on 11/11/11.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Some heated words were exchanged prior to tonight’s Rangers-Senators tilt.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Won’t play tonight. Maybe Friday.
Nov 9, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Jarome Iginla has been the face of the Flames for years now but with the outlook bleak in Calgary, could he one day do what Ray Bourque did to get a shot at a Stanley Cup?
Nov 8, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Joe Frazier had at least one NHL fan in Ray Emery. Meanwhile, Dustin Byfuglien would like to stay on the blue line… Maybe. All that and more in your Morning Skate.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
Senators GM Bryan Murray reveals that Daniel Alfredsson will miss at least a week with what looks like a concussion.
Oct 31, 2011, 12:09 PM EDT
After getting dinged by Wojtek Wolski, Daniel Alfredsson is going to sit out til his concussion symptoms disappear.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:49 PM EDT
The Senators continued their improbable roll on Sunday with a 3-2 win over Toronto.
Oct 30, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
Two of Saturday’s most contentious hits won’t receive further punishment.
Oct 29, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
Watch Wojtek Wolski catch Daniel Alfredsson in the head with an illegal check that Brendan Shanahan will be reviewing this weekend.
Oct 24, 2011, 6:24 PM EDT
With a few ideas on where he could go.
Oct 24, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
The Senators will be without the services of Daniel Alfredsson tomorrow night against Carolina.
Oct 21, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson’s career is winding down in Ottawa but could he finish it out somewhere else via trade to win a Cup the way Ray Bourque did in Colorado? It’s possible.
Oct 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Most people felt that the Ottawa Senators were going to struggle this season. But after only a single week, their showing some strong signs of being #1 by year’s end… at the NHL Entry Draft.
Oct 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Senators might have a chance to be scrappy during the 2011-12 season, but they might be better off hitting the lottery for another year.
Sep 28, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The deck already seemed stacked against the Senators from a talent perspective, but the schedule makers didn’t do them any favors with two brutal stretches early next season.
Sep 28, 2011, 1:03 AM EDT
Mika Zibanejad is making a serious case to join the Ottawa Senators right out of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, but if the team is as bad as expected, it might be a waste of a bargain entry-level year.
Aug 16, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Bruce Garrioch reports that Daniel Alfredsson skated for the first time since undergoing back surgery today, which indicates that the captain’s rehab continues to stay on track.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)