Apr 18, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
“Certainly the playoffs this year has been a revelation that not much has changed.”
Apr 18, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
He hasn’t skated since Monday.
Apr 18, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
Skating and playing are two different things though. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 17, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
He was one of just three Senators players to miss Tuesday’s optional skate.
Shanahan suspends Shaw three games for charging Smith…but if Smith was injured, Shaw would’ve been done for the series
Apr 17, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
Apr 16, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
Ottawa captain will miss Game 3 with a concussion.
Apr 16, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
“In our view, to try to give the brain enough opportunity to recover, we recommend a week.”
Apr 16, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
Click for the audio. Don’t worry, it won’t take long.
Apr 16, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
After not skating yesterday, the Sens captain could be back for Game 3.
Apr 16, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
A fallen captain makes for a team-uniting experience. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 15, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
They won’t appeal Carl Hagelin’s suspension, though.
Apr 15, 2012, 8:47 PM EDT
Surely this won’t be controversial.
Apr 15, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
His elbow on Daniel Alfredsson was costly – for more than just standard texting charges.
Apr 15, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
“I sent him a text yesterday & said I’m sorry and I’m very regretful for what happened, and I just hope he’s doing well.”
Apr 15, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Three separate disciplinary hearings will test his ability to mete out suspensions.
Apr 14, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
Ottawa came back late and Chris Neil netted the game winner just 1:17 minutes into overtime.
Apr 14, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
He was the victim of a high elbow.
Apr 14, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
The trio “have instant chemistry.”
Apr 10, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Sid the Kid and Geno top the list.
Apr 9, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
The Senators captain is 39 years old and he hasn’t won the Stanley Cup.
Apr 7, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
East’s top seed to face off against one of the league’s biggest surprises.
Apr 6, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Ejected with less than a minute to go…for arguing an icing call in a 3-1 loss during which neither team played especially hard.
Apr 5, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
Meanwhile Boston is expected to give three key players a game off.
Apr 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
The Senators clinched a playoff berth on Sunday.
Apr 1, 2012, 5:57 PM EDT
Senators win without Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)