Dallas Stars sale
Nov 3, 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ sale is getting closer to be done. No, seriously, we swear it is.
Sep 22, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
The Stars had another successful day in bankruptcy court today, as the bidding process for their team sale was approved.
Sep 19, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
The Stars’ first day in bankruptcy court confirmed that they can function as usual. Click “Read More” to find out the next steps in the process to sell the team.
Sep 5, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
Reports indicate that the Stars could have a new owner in place before 2012, with the team’s bankruptcy hearing currently scheduled for September 14.
Aug 11, 2011, 12:33 AM EDT
The Blues set an August 22 for nonbinding bids for parties interested in buying the team. Read this post for more on that and other deadlines that could be relevant to the sell of the St. Louis team.
Jul 19, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
A Forbes report indicates that the Dallas Stars are losing $1 million per week, but a team official called the report “Totally, unequivocally untrue.”
Jul 8, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
Well-founded rumors indicate that former Texas Rangers CEO Chuck Greenberg might be part of a group that will bid to own the Dallas Stars.
Jun 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The NHL Board of Governors might have more than one franchise sale to vote on at their June 21st meeting. If reports are to be believed, the Dallas Stars sale is close to being done.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
A shaky ownership situation will probably prohibit the Dallas Stars from offering Brad Richards a new contract. Read this post for the details, including the possibility of trading his exclusive negotiating rights.
May 4, 2011, 2:50 AM EDT
A Dallas Morning News reports indicates that Tom Gaglardi’s offer to buy the Dallas Stars could exceed $250 million.
Apr 26, 2011, 12:33 AM EDT
While there’s still plenty more to do, the prospects of a Dallas Stars sale improved after potential new owner Tom Gaglardi reportedly agreed to a price and terms to buy the team.
Feb 16, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
While the exact details are a bit cloudy, it seems like there might be some reason for optimism regarding the sale of the Dallas Stars.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)