Jun 7, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will become the GM for Winnipeg’s new team.
Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
One report indicates that True North offered their newly vacated GM position to Chicago assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
May 31, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
You can cross off one team from the list of those needing a new head coach as the Panthers are reaching out to a former NHL veteran and solid AHL coach to fill their needs.
May 30, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
Jack Skille has agreed to a 2-year contact deal with the Florida Panthers that will pay him $825,000 per season.
Apr 10, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
It would be unfair to blame Peter DeBoer for failing in Florida when the team hasn’t made the playoffs since the 1999-2000 season, but it was understandable that the team decided to fire him this morning.
Mar 10, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
Florida’s ownership knew that Dale Tallon’s rebuild in Chicago took a few years—but they also knew that the payoff for their hardships in the short-term could translate into sustained success in the long-run. That’s what the Panthers’ management are betting on.
Mar 7, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
After watching the Blackhawks team he built win a Cup once he was ousted, Dale Tallon is moving on with the Panthers, who host Chicago Tuesday night.
Mar 4, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
Only a few years after Jacques Martin presided over a rebuild in Florida, Dale Tallon is trying to undo just about everything he did. Martin has no problems with it.
Feb 27, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Like most general managers in the playoff picture, Thrashers GM Rick Dudley wants to make his team better. But he also knows that he shouldn’t compromise a promising future for a slightly better present.
Feb 24, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
Strange bedfellows are made this time of year when it’s coming up on the trade deadline. Florida helps out division-mate Carolina sending them Cory Stillman.
Feb 9, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
The Blackhawks acquired Michael Frolik (plus the rights to goalie Alexander Salak) by trading Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan to the Panthers.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
Before the season started, Tomas Vokoun was a leading candidate to be traded by the deadline. Now he’s talking about extending his deal in Florida. One snag: He’s being benched tonight.
Nov 19, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
If you’re not familiar with NESN’s Jack Edwards, you’re really missing out on one of the most unique play-by-play men in the league. Chances are you remember better for his work with ESPN, but now he’s the voice of the Boston Bruins and if you’ve heard him call a game there you either love him…
Nov 9, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Dale Tallon’s instant replay challenge proposal was roundly shot down today, but we’re betting we haven’t heard the last of it.
Nov 5, 2010, 3:37 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you about Panthers GM Dale Tallon’s big ideas to implement an instant replay challenge system in the NHL and it’s getting some talk thanks to some recently iffy situations where replay wasn’t allowed. It’s also coming up because NHL general managers are set to meet up next week to discuss the hot-button…
Nov 4, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Click “Read More” for details about Dale Tallon’s proposal to give each coach one chance to challenge a play.
Oct 20, 2010, 12:33 AM EDT
When former Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon was replaced by Stan Bowman, the team he built to become last year’s Stanley Cup champion did right by him and made sure to reward the man who helped put together most of the roster that won it all. Today, it all came to fruition as Tallon received his…
Oct 12, 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
Sometimes I wonder how some teams make any money – or at least why some of them aren’t making a bigger fuss over losing a ton of it. The Florida Panthers are one of those teams, as they haven’t made the playoffs (read: been relevant) in ages. The addition of Chicago Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon…
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)