May 31, 2011, 5:52 PM EST
You can cross off one team from the list of those needing a new head coach as the Panthers are reaching out to a former NHL veteran and solid AHL coach to fill their needs.
May 30, 2011, 11:38 PM EST
Jack Skille has agreed to a 2-year contact deal with the Florida Panthers that will pay him $825,000 per season.
Apr 10, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
It would be unfair to blame Peter DeBoer for failing in Florida when the team hasn’t made the playoffs since the 1999-2000 season, but it was understandable that the team decided to fire him this morning.
Mar 10, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
Florida’s ownership knew that Dale Tallon’s rebuild in Chicago took a few years—but they also knew that the payoff for their hardships in the short-term could translate into sustained success in the long-run. That’s what the Panthers’ management are betting on.
Mar 7, 2011, 11:02 PM EST
After watching the Blackhawks team he built win a Cup once he was ousted, Dale Tallon is moving on with the Panthers, who host Chicago Tuesday night.
Mar 4, 2011, 11:40 PM EST
Only a few years after Jacques Martin presided over a rebuild in Florida, Dale Tallon is trying to undo just about everything he did. Martin has no problems with it.
Feb 27, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
Like most general managers in the playoff picture, Thrashers GM Rick Dudley wants to make his team better. But he also knows that he shouldn’t compromise a promising future for a slightly better present.
Feb 24, 2011, 6:03 PM EST
Strange bedfellows are made this time of year when it’s coming up on the trade deadline. Florida helps out division-mate Carolina sending them Cory Stillman.
Feb 9, 2011, 9:23 PM EST
The Blackhawks acquired Michael Frolik (plus the rights to goalie Alexander Salak) by trading Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan to the Panthers.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
Before the season started, Tomas Vokoun was a leading candidate to be traded by the deadline. Now he’s talking about extending his deal in Florida. One snag: He’s being benched tonight.
Nov 19, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
If you’re not familiar with NESN’s Jack Edwards, you’re really missing out on one of the most unique play-by-play men in the league. Chances are you remember better for his work with ESPN, but now he’s the voice of the Boston Bruins and if you’ve heard him call a game there you either love him…
Nov 9, 2010, 4:35 PM EST
Dale Tallon’s instant replay challenge proposal was roundly shot down today, but we’re betting we haven’t heard the last of it.
Nov 5, 2010, 3:37 PM EST
Yesterday we told you about Panthers GM Dale Tallon’s big ideas to implement an instant replay challenge system in the NHL and it’s getting some talk thanks to some recently iffy situations where replay wasn’t allowed. It’s also coming up because NHL general managers are set to meet up next week to discuss the hot-button…
Nov 4, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
Click “Read More” for details about Dale Tallon’s proposal to give each coach one chance to challenge a play.
Oct 20, 2010, 12:33 AM EST
When former Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon was replaced by Stan Bowman, the team he built to become last year’s Stanley Cup champion did right by him and made sure to reward the man who helped put together most of the roster that won it all. Today, it all came to fruition as Tallon received his…
Oct 12, 2010, 5:35 PM EST
Sometimes I wonder how some teams make any money – or at least why some of them aren’t making a bigger fuss over losing a ton of it. The Florida Panthers are one of those teams, as they haven’t made the playoffs (read: been relevant) in ages. The addition of Chicago Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon…
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)