Dec 2, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
The Caps fall again in an eventful loss to the Penguins… an eventful game that had nothing to do with Crosby or Ovechkin. When was the last time that happened?
Hunter raises eyebrows by scratching Hamrlik (healthy scratch, that is…he’s not literally scratching him, though that would also raise eyebrows)
Dec 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
So much for the “let’s cut down our wordy titles” movement.
Dec 1, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Where have we heard that before?
Dec 1, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
Two superstars in a rivalry that’s quieted down quite a bit that are going in opposite directions.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:09 PM EDT
Assistant Bob Woods is out, Jim Johnson is in.
Nov 30, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau finally speaks after being fired and says he gave it his all.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The Ducks are being jerks because they’re ruining the final season of a future Hall of Famer. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 29, 2011, 11:22 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones agree that Boudreau needed to go in Washington. Why? Alex Ovechkin.
Nov 29, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Dale Hunter and Kirk Muller both fall in their first games behind the bench.
Nov 29, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
Pierre Turgeon was the recipient of Dale Hunter’s worst moment…. yet still wishes the new Caps coach the best of luck.
Nov 29, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
And he’ll be wearing it tonight at the Verizon Center.
Nov 29, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Dale Hunter’s first game as Caps head coach comes against a tough as nails Blues team.
Nov 29, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
What you see cannot be unseen and there’s a video in here you’ll want to see. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Ovechkin has a chance to redefine his legacy among hockey fans (again).
Nov 28, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
New coach says Caps will be “really responsible defensively.”
Nov 28, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Defense to be the focus under Dale Hunter.
Nov 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
Now that Bruce Boudreau is gone, it’s up to No. 8 to respond.
Nov 28, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
“The players were no longer responding to Bruce.”
Nov 28, 2011, 12:12 PM EDT
New Caps coach joins select list of guys that went straight from junior to the pros.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
If Dale Hunter wants to get the Caps snapped out of it and back, he should let them run free on the ice.
Nov 28, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
When there’s smoke, there’s fire and there was plenty of it surrounding the Caps. Bruce Boudreau is out and now Dale Hunter inherits a team in need of a kick in the pants.
Nov 27, 2011, 11:04 PM EDT
And is Dale Hunter about to replace him?
Aug 4, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Michael Peca has gone from being an NHL star forward to a TV analyst now to a role leading a junior hockey team.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)