Dec 13, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
The 14-year-vet had his own career derailed by concussions.
Dec 6, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Despite yet another former player being diagnosed with the same degenerative brain disease, Gary Bettman says that it’s too early to say there’s a link.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Studies of Boogaard’s brain showed signs of CTE, a disease linked to Alzheimer’s.
Oct 5, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
In what is becoming a disturbing trend, yet another former NHL player’s brain has shown signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. But this one is different: this time it wasn’t a fighter.
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)