Dec 13, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
The 14-year-vet had his own career derailed by concussions.
Dec 6, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Despite yet another former player being diagnosed with the same degenerative brain disease, Gary Bettman says that it’s too early to say there’s a link.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Studies of Boogaard’s brain showed signs of CTE, a disease linked to Alzheimer’s.
Oct 5, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
In what is becoming a disturbing trend, yet another former NHL player’s brain has shown signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. But this one is different: this time it wasn’t a fighter.
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38