Dec 13, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
The 14-year-vet had his own career derailed by concussions.
Dec 6, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Despite yet another former player being diagnosed with the same degenerative brain disease, Gary Bettman says that it’s too early to say there’s a link.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Studies of Boogaard’s brain showed signs of CTE, a disease linked to Alzheimer’s.
Oct 5, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
In what is becoming a disturbing trend, yet another former NHL player’s brain has shown signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. But this one is different: this time it wasn’t a fighter.
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13