Aug 11, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
So much for that NHL comeback.
Jul 9, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
“I’d love to come back, but I know once you are out of the league a little bit guys tend to forget about you.”
May 4, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
A 7-2 beatdown of the French makes for a good warm-up.
Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
The Sabres got under the salary cap in the modern old fashioned way: By sending two fat contracts to the AHL.
Sep 24, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
40 players were placed on waivers today and amongst them were a pair of Buffalo Sabres that will help the team get under the salary cap.
Aug 20, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
After four years in the Swiss league, David Aebischer might get another shot at the NHL via a training camp tryout with the Winnipeg Jets. He faces long odds, but if nothing else, it could be an interesting story to follow in September.
Oct 21, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Here are two overseas hockey items via ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, from Switzerland and Russia. Honestly, I hadn’t really heard these rumors, but there were some whispers about former Phoenix Coyotes coach (and, oh yeah, possibly the greatest hockey player ever) Wayne Gretzky coaching in Russia for SKA St. Petersburg. Despite being friends with SKA chairman…
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18