Oct 10, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
In one year’s time, Craig Rivet has gone from captain of the Buffalo Sabres to being captain of the ECHL Elmira Jackals. That job market is tough on everyone.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
The Sabres will head into the season with a new captain in Jason Pominville and an army of alternates to back him up.
Jun 12, 2011, 2:21 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have informed Craig Rivet, Ethan Moreau, and Chris Clark that they will not be returning to Ohio next season.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Here are Saturday’s three waiver claims: the Capitals add Marco Sturm, the Blue Jackets acquire Craig Rivet and the Flyers claimed Nick Boynton. We’ll cover who was placed on waivers in the next post.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Tons of action going on with the waiver wire leading up to the trade deadline. We’ve got the guys who are on and off it today.
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 23, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Here’s a round-up of players who were placed on waivers today: Nikolai Zherdev, Craig Rivet, Marek Svatos, Ales Kotalik and Jeremy Colliton.
Nov 19, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Sabres captain Craig Rivet has had a bit of a rough go lately. He’s missed time this season with a throat contusion he suffered on the first day of training camp. Once the season began he suffered a shoulder stinger in the same shoulder he had surgically repaired. Once he was over that he found…
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)