Jun 1, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
Are you a conflicted American hockey fan and don’t want to root for the Bruins but feel a little bit dirty rooting for Vancouver? Ryan Kesler is here to make you feel better.
May 12, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
Flyers executive Ed Snider agrees with frustrated fans: he wants the team to find a reliable goalie, too.
May 10, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Today we stress on the Canucks winning in spite of getting next to nothing from their two best forwards, Roberto Luongo’s greatness, the coming out party for Nashville as an NHL town, and who Vancouver’s secret hero could be.
Apr 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Joe Thornton in the clutch? You better believe it. Also, the Canucks are on the doorstep of the asylum, Pittsburgh very well might be in trouble, and a bit about how Jamie McGinn was almost the goat and Ryan Malone the secret weapon.
Apr 25, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo’s career is full of brilliant peaks and dark valleys, but to many fans, his Game 7 performance will ultimately decide his legacy.
Apr 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Today’s Five Thoughts center around Alain Vigneault’s wild gamble to go with Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo in Game 6. We’ll also hit on the charmed life of Ben Smith and give our take on a pair of bad hits from yesterday.
Apr 24, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
An incredible, drama-filled Game 6 that saw more twists and turns than a dramatic movie sees the defending champion Blackhawks force a Game 7 after a 4-3 overtime win.
Apr 24, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
In a stunning and ballsy move, the Canucks look to change their fortune up against Chicago by starting Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo in tonight’s Game 6.
Apr 22, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Despite allowing 10 goals in his last two abbreviated starts, the Canucks are sticking with Roberto Luongo.
Apr 10, 2011, 11:21 PM EDT
Three of the NHL’s statistical awards were confirmed today and just like how the season has gone, the Canucks are piling up the recognition.
Mar 13, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Mike Milbury tabs the Vancouver Canucks as the best team in the West (and a Stanley Cup favorite) while also discussing the budding rivalry between the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks.
Mar 6, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
As the Ducks looked to keep the winning streak going, the Canucks and Cory Schneider had other ideas to show why they’re the best in the west.
Jan 13, 2011, 10:42 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski’s first goal as a member of the Rangers was the game’s only tally, as New York shut Vancouver out 1-0 tonight.
Nov 16, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="180" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=35&id=83089&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
Last night’s best string of saves is also one video you can point to if you want to describe the unorthodox yet effective style mastered by Tim Thomas.
Oct 17, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
A look at tonight’s starting goalies in the NHL’s light schedule.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)