Dec 26, 2011, 8:26 PM EST
The first game after the holiday break included a controversial hit.
Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 AM EST
Is it the onus on the predator or the prey in regarding these toss-up hits?
Nov 24, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
The Sabres are giving their big, mean Milan Lucic antidote his first cup of coffee at the NHL level.
Nov 22, 2011, 11:58 PM EST
Check out NHL Overtime’s take and share your own thoughts after watching the hit.
Nov 16, 2011, 9:32 PM EST
Did Myers go over the line with his hit on Zubrus?
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Mar 28, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
A questionable hit might becomes that much more controversial because the culprit happens to be Todd Bertuzzi. The infamous winger was booted from tonight’s Chicago-Detroit game … is a suspension on the way?
Mar 21, 2011, 4:26 PM EST
Matt Cooke’s latest incident of dirty play has everyone around the league talking about it and about the player himself, and the opinions seem to be unanimous that Cooke’s got to pay.
Feb 10, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Wednesday night featured another controversial hit when Ryan Getzlaf clobbered Dan Hamhuis, although this time around it seems like the consensus was that it wasn’t suspension-worthy.
Thursday night’s controversial hit: Bruin Daniel Paille could face suspension for hit on Star Ray Sawada
Feb 4, 2011, 12:48 AM EST
Bruins forward Daniel Paille’s blindside hit of Stars winger Ray Sawada is the latest in a long line of controversial checks. Click “Read More” for the details.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)