Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and restricted agent Drew Doughty have finally come to terms on an 8-year, $56 million contract. And not a moment too soon.
Sep 16, 2011, 2:37 AM EDT
Leafs fans rejoice! Toronto signs their young defenseman to a 5-year deal for approximately $3.5 million per season.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EDT
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:29 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes and young winger Mikkel Boedker were finally able to reach an agreement; the sides agreed to 2-year deal.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EDT
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Mike Duco will have a little explaining to do about his recent tweets when he joins his new team in Vancouver. The Sedins and Roberto Luongo may have a few issues with his tendency to tweet with such honesty.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 1, 2011, 11:03 PM EDT
Michal Handzus, Daniel Carcillo, and Ruslan Fedotenko all signed on the dotted line towards the end of Free Agent Friday.
Great time to be an UFA defenseman: Red Wings sign Jonathan Ericsson to three-year, $9.75 million deal
Jun 30, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Jonathan Ericsson and the Detroit Red Wings agreed to a 3-year, $9.75 million contract a day before the defenseman was set to become an unrestricted free agent. Did the Red Wings overpay?
Jun 23, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
The Flyers stayed busy this afternoon locking up goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a monster contract to be the Flyers goalie for the next nine years.
May 31, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
The Canadiens are keeping 6’7″ defenseman Hal Gill around for one more year and P.K. Subban is the guy that could benefit most from it.
May 13, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
After a potential Calder Trophy winning season scoring 34 goals, Michael Grabner will be staying in Long Island for five more years.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)