Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings and restricted agent Drew Doughty have finally come to terms on an 8-year, $56 million contract. And not a moment too soon.
Sep 16, 2011, 2:37 AM EST
Leafs fans rejoice! Toronto signs their young defenseman to a 5-year deal for approximately $3.5 million per season.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EST
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:29 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes and young winger Mikkel Boedker were finally able to reach an agreement; the sides agreed to 2-year deal.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EST
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Mike Duco will have a little explaining to do about his recent tweets when he joins his new team in Vancouver. The Sedins and Roberto Luongo may have a few issues with his tendency to tweet with such honesty.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 1, 2011, 11:03 PM EST
Michal Handzus, Daniel Carcillo, and Ruslan Fedotenko all signed on the dotted line towards the end of Free Agent Friday.
Great time to be an UFA defenseman: Red Wings sign Jonathan Ericsson to three-year, $9.75 million deal
Jun 30, 2011, 11:33 PM EST
Jonathan Ericsson and the Detroit Red Wings agreed to a 3-year, $9.75 million contract a day before the defenseman was set to become an unrestricted free agent. Did the Red Wings overpay?
Jun 23, 2011, 7:15 PM EST
The Flyers stayed busy this afternoon locking up goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a monster contract to be the Flyers goalie for the next nine years.
May 31, 2011, 6:54 PM EST
The Canadiens are keeping 6’7″ defenseman Hal Gill around for one more year and P.K. Subban is the guy that could benefit most from it.
May 13, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
After a potential Calder Trophy winning season scoring 34 goals, Michael Grabner will be staying in Long Island for five more years.
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 0
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 33
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)