Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and restricted agent Drew Doughty have finally come to terms on an 8-year, $56 million contract. And not a moment too soon.
Sep 16, 2011, 2:37 AM EDT
Leafs fans rejoice! Toronto signs their young defenseman to a 5-year deal for approximately $3.5 million per season.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EDT
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:29 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes and young winger Mikkel Boedker were finally able to reach an agreement; the sides agreed to 2-year deal.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EDT
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Mike Duco will have a little explaining to do about his recent tweets when he joins his new team in Vancouver. The Sedins and Roberto Luongo may have a few issues with his tendency to tweet with such honesty.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 1, 2011, 11:03 PM EDT
Michal Handzus, Daniel Carcillo, and Ruslan Fedotenko all signed on the dotted line towards the end of Free Agent Friday.
Great time to be an UFA defenseman: Red Wings sign Jonathan Ericsson to three-year, $9.75 million deal
Jun 30, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Jonathan Ericsson and the Detroit Red Wings agreed to a 3-year, $9.75 million contract a day before the defenseman was set to become an unrestricted free agent. Did the Red Wings overpay?
Jun 23, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
The Flyers stayed busy this afternoon locking up goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a monster contract to be the Flyers goalie for the next nine years.
May 31, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
The Canadiens are keeping 6’7″ defenseman Hal Gill around for one more year and P.K. Subban is the guy that could benefit most from it.
May 13, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
After a potential Calder Trophy winning season scoring 34 goals, Michael Grabner will be staying in Long Island for five more years.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)