Jul 19, 2011, 11:16 PM EST
Were you expecting progress between the Kings and Drew Doughty now that Steven Stamkos’ deal is done? Reports indicate that there’s been “nothing new on the Doughty front.”
Jul 18, 2011, 12:39 PM EST
The Blackhawks tend to move Patrick Sharp all over the place, but more than anything else, they hope that he stays in Chicago after the 2011-12 season.
Jul 15, 2011, 3:47 PM EST
After a contentious attempt to sign him last year, the Panthers signed 2010 first round pick Erik Gudbranson to his three-year entry-level deal. The Panthers eventual youth movement begins now.
Jul 13, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Drew Doughty’s restricted free agency campaign and search for a new contract with Los Angeles is apparently all in the hands of Kings GM Dean Lombardi.
Jul 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EST
Zach Parise tells the Star Ledger that he would be open to a one-year contract for next season so the two sides could avoid an arbitration hearing.
Jul 1, 2011, 9:37 PM EST
Restricted free agent defenseman Drew Doughty reportedly wants to become the highest paid player on the Los Angeles Kings.
Jun 29, 2011, 11:26 PM EST
The Sabres sent Steve Montador’s negotiating rights to the Blackhawks for a seventh rounder in 2012 or 2013. Is this a sign that they are close to signing Christian Ehrhoff?
Jun 22, 2011, 12:52 PM EST
According to a report, the Flyers and Ilya Bryzgalov might just have the building blocks to a new contract set in place. Will there be salary cap issues in their future once again though?
Jun 22, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
The Lightning are close to getting a deal done with soon-to-be restricted free agent Steven Stamkos. Yeah, like they were going to let him get away.
Jun 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
The Flames and Alex Tanguay are trying to get a deal done. The problem is they’re far apart on value.
Jun 19, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
The Lightning and Steven Stamkos are in an unusual contract situation. That being said, if they’re going to try to duplicate any other star’s deal, they should lean toward Sidney Crosby’s contract rather than Alex Ovechkin’s lengthy pact.
Jun 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Both the Tampa Bay Lightning and Eric Brewer are optimistic they’ll be able to reach an agreement on a contract extension in the near future.
Jun 18, 2011, 12:14 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have now met face to face with free-agent-to-be Ilya Bryzgalov. But even if they can agree to a contract, the Flyers will have to make a few moves before they can bring Bryzgalov into the fold.
Jun 16, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
While the two sides have quite a way to go before they reach a possible deal, the Flyers met with Ilya Bryzgalov and his agent Rich Winter face to face for the first time today.
Jun 3, 2011, 9:03 PM EST
The Flyers elected not to re-sign goalie prospect Joacim Eriksson today. This will be surprising news to many since he was once considered the top goalie in the team’s farm system.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
Before the season started, Tomas Vokoun was a leading candidate to be traded by the deadline. Now he’s talking about extending his deal in Florida. One snag: He’s being benched tonight.
Oct 28, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Considering the fact that the two biggest potential 2011 free agents (Joe Thornton and Zdeno Chara) already signed lucrative extensions, the list narrows down to Brad Richards and mercurial forwards such as Alexander Semin. One of those mercurial forwards is Philadelphia Flyers sniper Jeff Carter, a player who can take over a game with his…
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)