Apr 9, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
“I don’t see a reason why I should go and look for something else.”
Apr 9, 2012, 6:43 PM EST
“Yeah, I have painted myself into a corner, if you want to say that.”
Mar 19, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
“You go to Canadian cities and certain cities and that’s the first thing the media asks you about. So you have to be able to kind of block that part out.”
Feb 11, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
Are things getting uncomfortable in New Jersey?
Jan 23, 2012, 7:46 PM EST
Benn’s contract talks will have to wait until the summer.
Sep 30, 2011, 3:43 AM EST
The first step was for all sides to reach a contract agreement. With that out of the way, the next step is for everyone to talk about reaching the contract agreement.
Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings and restricted agent Drew Doughty have finally come to terms on an 8-year, $56 million contract. And not a moment too soon.
Sep 16, 2011, 5:53 PM EST
Kyle Turris wants a lot of money from the Phoenix Coyotes and Coyotes GM Don Maloney doesn’t understand where he’s coming from.
Sep 16, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
Dean Lombardi’s last contract offer to Drew Doughty is like a clock. Each day that Doughty isn’t signed, the offer drops by $25,000. Time is money after all.
Sep 16, 2011, 2:37 AM EST
Leafs fans rejoice! Toronto signs their young defenseman to a 5-year deal for approximately $3.5 million per season.
Sep 16, 2011, 1:37 AM EST
The one thing that Kings fans have been dreading all offseason has become a reality: Drew Doughty will hold out as he continues to negotiate a new deal.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EST
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Sep 15, 2011, 4:16 AM EST
As restricted free agents sign around the NHL, the Phoenix Coyotes are resigned to the fact that Kyle Turris won’t be signed before training camp opens. For Coyotes fans looking for good news on the contract front, you may want to look elsewhere.
Sep 13, 2011, 10:59 PM EST
Brad Marchand wants to be a Bruin. Peter Chiarelli wants Marchand to be a Bruin. Sooner or later, a deal has to get done… right?
Sep 11, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
Drew Doughty’s contract negotiations in Los Angeles are still rolling along slowly, but now even Kings GM Dean Lombardi will get his bosses involved in talks.
Sep 9, 2011, 8:46 PM EST
Despite contract negotiations that have lasted all summer, New York Islanders restricted free agent Josh Bailey can’t wait to get a deal done and get on the ice for his team.
Sep 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With training camp opening next week, Drew Doughty and the Los Angeles Kings have yet to find a common ground. Are the Kings looking at a holdout to start the season?
Sep 8, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
While it’s easy to worry that Zach Parise will play his final season with the Devils in 2011-12, the talented winger said he’d prefer to stay with the team that drafted him.
Aug 25, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
Restricted free agent Brad Marchand and the Boston Bruins are still talking, but as agent Wade Arnott said, “nothing is imminent.”
Aug 19, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
Even though they have about 300 days to negotiate, the Phoenix Coyotes are ready to get contract talks started with captain Shane Doan.
Aug 18, 2011, 9:46 PM EST
Maple Leafs assistant GM Dave Nonis said that the team should agree to a new contract with Luke Schenn before training camp. Nonis also had a vague but optimistic report about Matthew Lombardi.
Aug 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets continue to negotiate with restricted free agent defenseman Zach Bogosian. The question: do they pay for potential or pay for actual productivity?
Aug 4, 2011, 5:42 PM EST
Brad Marchand spoke about his contract situation, as well as his relationship with Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews and P.K. Subban.
Aug 3, 2011, 9:27 PM EST
There isn’t a huge sense of urgency at the moment, but the Maple Leafs and restricted free agent defenseman Luke Schenn are back at the bargaining table.
Jul 27, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
Shea Weber’s contract situation continues to roll along quietly. A little too quiet perhaps.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)