Jun 3, 2011, 8:04 PM EST
The Sabres wrapped up pending restricted free agent Drew Stafford to a four-year deal reportedly worth $16 million today.
Jun 2, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Sabres signed 2010 first rounder Mark Pysyk while the Blues gave Roman Polak a five-year contract extension.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
Mar 9, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
The Penguins locked up another essential part of their foundation today, as they signed head coach Dan Bylsma to a three-year contract extension.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
The Red Wings might have made their biggest move outside of trades today, as they signed their top goalie to a bargain two-year, $4.5 million deal.
Feb 27, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
Trade fans can cross at least one major chip off the list of trade bait, as the Senators locked up shutdown defenseman Chris Phillips to a three-year, $9 million extension.
Feb 26, 2011, 3:54 AM EST
Who knows how they’ll deal with the salary cap repercussions this summer, but the Blackhawks are reportedly close to signing skilled and rugged defenseman Brent Seabrook to a five-year deal worth close to $30 million.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:37 PM EST
The Ducks committed to the general manager who took over for Brian Burke, as the team handed Bob Murray a four-year extension.
Jan 18, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
The Flyers handed their exceptional general manager Paul Holmgren a three-year contract extension reportedly worth $4.5 million today.
Jan 12, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
The Predators locked up “Swiss Army Knife” forward Jerred Smithson to a two-year, $1.6 million deal.
Dec 29, 2010, 8:10 PM EST
Trevor Daley’s contract extension is rather curious in that Dallas still doesn’t have a new owner.
Dec 17, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
John Erskine signed a two-year extension with the Washington Capitals, reportedly worth $3 million overall and $1.5 million per season.
Dec 14, 2010, 10:30 PM EST
A month and a half after it seemed like he might be on the hot seat, the Anaheim Ducks gave head coach Randy Carlyle a one-year extension.
Nov 12, 2010, 2:31 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues signed power forward David Backes to a hefty five-year, $22.5M extension that will kick in next season. Click “Read More” for context on how it figures into their payroll and what kind of player Backes can be.
Oct 28, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Considering the fact that the two biggest potential 2011 free agents (Joe Thornton and Zdeno Chara) already signed lucrative extensions, the list narrows down to Brad Richards and mercurial forwards such as Alexander Semin. One of those mercurial forwards is Philadelphia Flyers sniper Jeff Carter, a player who can take over a game with his…
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)