Jun 3, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
The Sabres wrapped up pending restricted free agent Drew Stafford to a four-year deal reportedly worth $16 million today.
Jun 2, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Sabres signed 2010 first rounder Mark Pysyk while the Blues gave Roman Polak a five-year contract extension.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
Mar 9, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
The Penguins locked up another essential part of their foundation today, as they signed head coach Dan Bylsma to a three-year contract extension.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM EDT
The Red Wings might have made their biggest move outside of trades today, as they signed their top goalie to a bargain two-year, $4.5 million deal.
Feb 27, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Trade fans can cross at least one major chip off the list of trade bait, as the Senators locked up shutdown defenseman Chris Phillips to a three-year, $9 million extension.
Feb 26, 2011, 3:54 AM EDT
Who knows how they’ll deal with the salary cap repercussions this summer, but the Blackhawks are reportedly close to signing skilled and rugged defenseman Brent Seabrook to a five-year deal worth close to $30 million.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
The Ducks committed to the general manager who took over for Brian Burke, as the team handed Bob Murray a four-year extension.
Jan 18, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
The Flyers handed their exceptional general manager Paul Holmgren a three-year contract extension reportedly worth $4.5 million today.
Jan 12, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
The Predators locked up “Swiss Army Knife” forward Jerred Smithson to a two-year, $1.6 million deal.
Dec 29, 2010, 8:10 PM EDT
Trevor Daley’s contract extension is rather curious in that Dallas still doesn’t have a new owner.
Dec 17, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
John Erskine signed a two-year extension with the Washington Capitals, reportedly worth $3 million overall and $1.5 million per season.
Dec 14, 2010, 10:30 PM EDT
A month and a half after it seemed like he might be on the hot seat, the Anaheim Ducks gave head coach Randy Carlyle a one-year extension.
Nov 12, 2010, 2:31 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues signed power forward David Backes to a hefty five-year, $22.5M extension that will kick in next season. Click “Read More” for context on how it figures into their payroll and what kind of player Backes can be.
Oct 28, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Considering the fact that the two biggest potential 2011 free agents (Joe Thornton and Zdeno Chara) already signed lucrative extensions, the list narrows down to Brad Richards and mercurial forwards such as Alexander Semin. One of those mercurial forwards is Philadelphia Flyers sniper Jeff Carter, a player who can take over a game with his…
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)