Mar 1, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Antti Niemi has proven himself to be San Jose’s #1 goalie and now he’ll be paid like one for the next four years.
Feb 28, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
After acquiring him from Boston, Mark Stuart’s apparently made a good impression on Atlanta as they’ve signed him to a three year extension worth $5.1 million.
Feb 27, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Chicago makes a big commitment to defenseman Brent Seabrook for five more years, but are the Blackhawks looking at big salary problems again in the near future?
Feb 23, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
The Thrashers may be struggling at the moment, but the job GM Rick Dudley’s done there in changing the culture is already noticeable. That’s why he was rewarded with a four-year contract extension.
Feb 23, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
After playing his tail off in each game this season for the Capitals, Matt Hendricks has earned himself a nice extension with the team.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
The Maple Leafs love their truculence and Mike Brown is that personified. It’s no wonder they signed him to a three-year extension today.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:12 PM EDT
If you were thinking Matt Moulson might be traded at the deadline this year, think again. The Islanders have extended his deal for another three years.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
After what’s been a solid debut season in the NHL, the Penguins are rewarding Mark Letestu with a contract extension.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
Before the season started, Tomas Vokoun was a leading candidate to be traded by the deadline. Now he’s talking about extending his deal in Florida. One snag: He’s being benched tonight.
Jan 9, 2011, 3:18 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings took care of one potential off-season headache tonight by locking up defenseman Jack Johnson to a seven-year extension. Next up: Drew Doughty.
Jan 3, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
As a rookie this year, Deryk Engelland has been able to knock out some of the league’s top fighters, and the Penguins are rewarding him for it with a contract extension.
Nov 13, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
The Flyers are making sure to take care of their own in a big way. After signing Claude Giroux to an extension last week, they’re extended Jeff Carter to an even more incredible deal.
Nov 8, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
The Flyers are hedging their bets that Claude Giroux continues to improve his game.
Oct 29, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
Today it was a good day to be Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Today, Flames GM Darryl Sutter signed the 27 year-old potential unrestricted free agent to a five-year extension with the Calgary Flames worth, according to CapGeek, $20.1 million. For Giordano, it’s a huge commitment from the Flames and after his breakout season last year,…
Oct 16, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Sharks captain Joe Thornton was set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but it appears that he’s not about to go hitting the open market. The Sharks announced this afternoon that they’ve signed Thornton to a three-year contract extension worth $21 million. Thornton taking a deal worth $7 million…
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 4
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 5
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)