Mar 1, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Antti Niemi has proven himself to be San Jose’s #1 goalie and now he’ll be paid like one for the next four years.
Feb 28, 2011, 11:06 AM EST
After acquiring him from Boston, Mark Stuart’s apparently made a good impression on Atlanta as they’ve signed him to a three year extension worth $5.1 million.
Feb 27, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Chicago makes a big commitment to defenseman Brent Seabrook for five more years, but are the Blackhawks looking at big salary problems again in the near future?
Feb 23, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
The Thrashers may be struggling at the moment, but the job GM Rick Dudley’s done there in changing the culture is already noticeable. That’s why he was rewarded with a four-year contract extension.
Feb 23, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
After playing his tail off in each game this season for the Capitals, Matt Hendricks has earned himself a nice extension with the team.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:55 AM EST
The Maple Leafs love their truculence and Mike Brown is that personified. It’s no wonder they signed him to a three-year extension today.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:12 PM EST
If you were thinking Matt Moulson might be traded at the deadline this year, think again. The Islanders have extended his deal for another three years.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
After what’s been a solid debut season in the NHL, the Penguins are rewarding Mark Letestu with a contract extension.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
Before the season started, Tomas Vokoun was a leading candidate to be traded by the deadline. Now he’s talking about extending his deal in Florida. One snag: He’s being benched tonight.
Jan 9, 2011, 3:18 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings took care of one potential off-season headache tonight by locking up defenseman Jack Johnson to a seven-year extension. Next up: Drew Doughty.
Jan 3, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
As a rookie this year, Deryk Engelland has been able to knock out some of the league’s top fighters, and the Penguins are rewarding him for it with a contract extension.
Nov 13, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
The Flyers are making sure to take care of their own in a big way. After signing Claude Giroux to an extension last week, they’re extended Jeff Carter to an even more incredible deal.
Nov 8, 2010, 9:21 PM EST
The Flyers are hedging their bets that Claude Giroux continues to improve his game.
Oct 29, 2010, 6:18 PM EST
Today it was a good day to be Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Today, Flames GM Darryl Sutter signed the 27 year-old potential unrestricted free agent to a five-year extension with the Calgary Flames worth, according to CapGeek, $20.1 million. For Giordano, it’s a huge commitment from the Flames and after his breakout season last year,…
Oct 16, 2010, 1:38 PM EST
Sharks captain Joe Thornton was set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but it appears that he’s not about to go hitting the open market. The Sharks announced this afternoon that they’ve signed Thornton to a three-year contract extension worth $21 million. Thornton taking a deal worth $7 million…
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)