Mar 1, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Antti Niemi has proven himself to be San Jose’s #1 goalie and now he’ll be paid like one for the next four years.
Feb 28, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
After acquiring him from Boston, Mark Stuart’s apparently made a good impression on Atlanta as they’ve signed him to a three year extension worth $5.1 million.
Feb 27, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Chicago makes a big commitment to defenseman Brent Seabrook for five more years, but are the Blackhawks looking at big salary problems again in the near future?
Feb 23, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
The Thrashers may be struggling at the moment, but the job GM Rick Dudley’s done there in changing the culture is already noticeable. That’s why he was rewarded with a four-year contract extension.
Feb 23, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
After playing his tail off in each game this season for the Capitals, Matt Hendricks has earned himself a nice extension with the team.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
The Maple Leafs love their truculence and Mike Brown is that personified. It’s no wonder they signed him to a three-year extension today.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:12 PM EDT
If you were thinking Matt Moulson might be traded at the deadline this year, think again. The Islanders have extended his deal for another three years.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
After what’s been a solid debut season in the NHL, the Penguins are rewarding Mark Letestu with a contract extension.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
Before the season started, Tomas Vokoun was a leading candidate to be traded by the deadline. Now he’s talking about extending his deal in Florida. One snag: He’s being benched tonight.
Jan 9, 2011, 3:18 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings took care of one potential off-season headache tonight by locking up defenseman Jack Johnson to a seven-year extension. Next up: Drew Doughty.
Jan 3, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
As a rookie this year, Deryk Engelland has been able to knock out some of the league’s top fighters, and the Penguins are rewarding him for it with a contract extension.
Nov 13, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
The Flyers are making sure to take care of their own in a big way. After signing Claude Giroux to an extension last week, they’re extended Jeff Carter to an even more incredible deal.
Nov 8, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
The Flyers are hedging their bets that Claude Giroux continues to improve his game.
Oct 29, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
Today it was a good day to be Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Today, Flames GM Darryl Sutter signed the 27 year-old potential unrestricted free agent to a five-year extension with the Calgary Flames worth, according to CapGeek, $20.1 million. For Giordano, it’s a huge commitment from the Flames and after his breakout season last year,…
Oct 16, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Sharks captain Joe Thornton was set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but it appears that he’s not about to go hitting the open market. The Sharks announced this afternoon that they’ve signed Thornton to a three-year contract extension worth $21 million. Thornton taking a deal worth $7 million…
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)