Conn Smythe Trophy
Jun 10, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
Could he do something Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Ron Hextall have done before him.
May 27, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
You know you were wondering the same thing, don’t deny it.
May 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Here are three guys from each team to consider and vote on.
May 13, 2012, 9:08 AM EDT
Wayne Gretzky has links to both Western Conference Finals clubs. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 20, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Geno is putting up some of the best numbers of his brilliant career.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:49 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins win their first Stanley Cup in 39 years thanks to stellar performances from Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Conn Smythe Trophy winner Tim Thomas.
Jun 14, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
If the conventional wisdom is accurate about Tim Thomas being a shoo-in to win the Conn Smythe with or without the Stanley Cup, then Thomas would be the second-ever U.S. born player to win that trophy (joining Brian Leetch).
Jun 11, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Is the Conn Smythe Trophy already in the bag for Boston’s Tim Thomas win or lose? It’s sure starting to look that way, but he might need the series to go seven games to make it work.
Jun 5, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
With the first two games of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals in the books, which Canucks and Bruins players have the best chance to win the Conn Smythe Trophy for playoff MVP?
May 13, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
PHT takes a look at who the leaders are for the Conn Smythe Trophy are as we head into the Conference finals.
May 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
It’s becoming the year of the unsuspecting hero in the NHL playoffs. That and more in Five Thoughts.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)