Conn Smythe Trophy
Jun 10, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
Could he do something Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Ron Hextall have done before him.
May 27, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
You know you were wondering the same thing, don’t deny it.
May 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
Here are three guys from each team to consider and vote on.
May 13, 2012, 9:08 AM EST
Wayne Gretzky has links to both Western Conference Finals clubs. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 20, 2012, 10:57 PM EST
Geno is putting up some of the best numbers of his brilliant career.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:49 PM EST
The Boston Bruins win their first Stanley Cup in 39 years thanks to stellar performances from Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Conn Smythe Trophy winner Tim Thomas.
Jun 14, 2011, 3:10 PM EST
If the conventional wisdom is accurate about Tim Thomas being a shoo-in to win the Conn Smythe with or without the Stanley Cup, then Thomas would be the second-ever U.S. born player to win that trophy (joining Brian Leetch).
Jun 11, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Is the Conn Smythe Trophy already in the bag for Boston’s Tim Thomas win or lose? It’s sure starting to look that way, but he might need the series to go seven games to make it work.
Jun 5, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
With the first two games of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals in the books, which Canucks and Bruins players have the best chance to win the Conn Smythe Trophy for playoff MVP?
May 13, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
PHT takes a look at who the leaders are for the Conn Smythe Trophy are as we head into the Conference finals.
May 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EST
It’s becoming the year of the unsuspecting hero in the NHL playoffs. That and more in Five Thoughts.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)