Collective Bargaining Agreement
Jan 20, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Bad news for fans of small-market teams. Or maybe it’s good news?
Sep 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT takes a look at some of the biggest areas of debate for the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, finishing with Tony Gallagher’s optimistic tidbit that might provide hope that there won’t be a lockout.
Aug 28, 2011, 8:14 PM EDT
While the NBA deals with their own lockout, the NHL’s CBA ends after this season. Boston’s NHLPA player rep Daniel Paille is feeling good about things for the NHL.
Aug 6, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
With the United States credit rating taking an “unprecedented blow,” blogger Dirk Hoag broke down how that might affect Canadian and American NHL teams. “Read more” for the details and some extra thoughts.
Jul 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr spoke up a bit about the upcoming CBA talks with the NHL and tiptoed around the possibility there could be storm clouds ahead for the sport once again.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:01 PM EDT
You’d think that Christian Ehrhoff or Brad Richards’ big, front-loaded deals would be the most obvious violations of the NHL’s CBA this summer. Instead it’s the Flyers’ relatively modest five-year, $9 million deal with Max Talbot that might be voided.
Dec 17, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Reports indicate that the NHLPA will finally make it official that Donald Fehr will head their union.
Signing Steve Stamkos, Drew Doughty and other 2011 free agents will be a struggle with a new CBA looming
Dec 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The 2011 free agency period might end up being a real summer of uncertainty, especially for restricted free agent stars like Steve Stamkos and Drew Doughty.
Oct 27, 2010, 7:34 PM EDT
If you’ve been wondering about whether or not the NHL and the NHL officials have gotten their act together over whether or not to approve their new four-year Collective Bargaining Agreement, you can wonder no more. The NHL Board of Governors and the NHL Officials Association today ratified the four-year agreement. The NHL issued these…
Oct 13, 2010, 1:28 AM EDT
The Devils could find themselves in a bit of trouble with the NHLPA if they don’t figure out a way to field a full roster for their games. Signing Adam Mair helps, but they’ve still got issues to get figured out.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)