Collective Bargaining Agreement
Jan 20, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Bad news for fans of small-market teams. Or maybe it’s good news?
Sep 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
PHT takes a look at some of the biggest areas of debate for the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, finishing with Tony Gallagher’s optimistic tidbit that might provide hope that there won’t be a lockout.
Aug 28, 2011, 8:14 PM EST
While the NBA deals with their own lockout, the NHL’s CBA ends after this season. Boston’s NHLPA player rep Daniel Paille is feeling good about things for the NHL.
Aug 6, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
With the United States credit rating taking an “unprecedented blow,” blogger Dirk Hoag broke down how that might affect Canadian and American NHL teams. “Read more” for the details and some extra thoughts.
Jul 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
NHLPA head Donald Fehr spoke up a bit about the upcoming CBA talks with the NHL and tiptoed around the possibility there could be storm clouds ahead for the sport once again.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:01 PM EST
You’d think that Christian Ehrhoff or Brad Richards’ big, front-loaded deals would be the most obvious violations of the NHL’s CBA this summer. Instead it’s the Flyers’ relatively modest five-year, $9 million deal with Max Talbot that might be voided.
Dec 17, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Reports indicate that the NHLPA will finally make it official that Donald Fehr will head their union.
Signing Steve Stamkos, Drew Doughty and other 2011 free agents will be a struggle with a new CBA looming
Dec 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
The 2011 free agency period might end up being a real summer of uncertainty, especially for restricted free agent stars like Steve Stamkos and Drew Doughty.
Oct 27, 2010, 7:34 PM EST
If you’ve been wondering about whether or not the NHL and the NHL officials have gotten their act together over whether or not to approve their new four-year Collective Bargaining Agreement, you can wonder no more. The NHL Board of Governors and the NHL Officials Association today ratified the four-year agreement. The NHL issued these…
Oct 13, 2010, 1:28 AM EST
The Devils could find themselves in a bit of trouble with the NHLPA if they don’t figure out a way to field a full roster for their games. Signing Adam Mair helps, but they’ve still got issues to get figured out.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54