May 31, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
The word “disrespectful” got thrown around a lot.
Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
The first three days of the postseason featured a number of controversial calls.
Apr 12, 2012, 5:13 PM EST
Executive VP Colin Campbell critical of missed call.
Mar 20, 2012, 11:58 AM EST
NHL executive vice-president talks about last night’s fight-filled affair.
Feb 17, 2012, 9:07 AM EST
Results from Colin Campbell’s investigation of the LA-Columbus timing glitch are in…
Feb 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Not clear if the result will stand.
Jan 19, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
Making disciplinary decisions might turn Shanahan into an old man.
Jan 5, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
Florida forward “must be held accountable for making a comment that, in the context in which it was made, and in light of the entirety of the circumstances, was offensive and unacceptable.”
Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
Barch’s hearing will reportedly take place at 10 a.m.
Jan 3, 2012, 2:43 PM EST
It looks like the league will wait until tomorrow to make a decision.
Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
We’ll find out if Barch will get suspended regarding the P.K. Subban incident tomorrow.
Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Ryan Malone isn’t going to be suspended for his hit on Chris Campoli and Brendan Shanahan will tell you why.
Sep 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EST
Do we have problems reading lips or is Wayne Simmonds just poorly denying making a homophobic slur at Sean Avery?
Sep 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
Wayne Simmonds’ alleged use of a homophobic slur has earned him a date with Colin Campbell to discuss the incident. GLAAD is also looking into an already very ugly situation.
Aug 25, 2011, 6:52 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan’s job with the NHL is a high-stress one that he can make very easy: By restoring sanity and adding transparency to the NHL’s punishment process when it comes to questionable acts on the ice.
Aug 23, 2011, 10:22 AM EST
The retirements of Paul Kariya and Dave Scatchard this summer thanks to lingering concussion problems should be all the NHL needs to get even tougher on illegal shots to the head.
Aug 20, 2011, 1:18 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan promises to explain all league discipline decisions next season; both suspension and non-suspensions. Will we finally have a clear understanding of what constitutes supplemental discipline?
Jun 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
Mike Murphy consulted with former league disciplinarian (and former Canucks GM) prior to issuing 4-game suspension to Aaron Rome. Yet again, the NHL has faces more questions with another conflict of interests.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Alex Burrows for biting Patrice Bergeron. Check out this post for more details and poll results.
Jun 1, 2011, 12:44 PM EST
It appears that Colin Campbell will be out as the league disciplinarian and former NHL star Brendan Shanahan will be taking his place as the league disciplinarian.
May 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
We’ve been waiting patiently for the first hysterical, conspiracy-laden column out of Vancouver regarding the Stanley Cup finals. Thankfully, Tony Gallagher took care of things for us.
May 10, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Eric Lindros is a guy that knows a thing or two about concussions and he says the NHL’s rule changes have made it more dangerous for concussions.
May 8, 2011, 10:41 PM EST
Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa has a good idea why Nashville and Chicago fans haven’t been happy with his team and he’d like to see his own squad not get busted for diving.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
The NHLPA isn’t happy about Colin Campbell’s explanation beyond the Raffi Torres non-suspension and hopes to close up the baffling behind the net loophole.
Apr 22, 2011, 12:30 AM EST
Colin Campbell’s TSN radio appearance was almost uncomfortably tense.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)