Nov 20, 2014, 1:30 AM EST
Where to draw the line is the question.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
If officials miss a clear goal on the ice.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
General managers to revisit the topic at March meetings.
Aug 3, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
He was recently fired as Maple Leafs assistant GM.
May 31, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
The word “disrespectful” got thrown around a lot.
Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
The first three days of the postseason featured a number of controversial calls.
Apr 12, 2012, 5:13 PM EST
Executive VP Colin Campbell critical of missed call.
Mar 20, 2012, 11:58 AM EST
NHL executive vice-president talks about last night’s fight-filled affair.
Feb 17, 2012, 9:07 AM EST
Results from Colin Campbell’s investigation of the LA-Columbus timing glitch are in…
Feb 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Not clear if the result will stand.
Jan 19, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
Making disciplinary decisions might turn Shanahan into an old man.
Jan 5, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
Florida forward “must be held accountable for making a comment that, in the context in which it was made, and in light of the entirety of the circumstances, was offensive and unacceptable.”
Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
Barch’s hearing will reportedly take place at 10 a.m.
Jan 3, 2012, 2:43 PM EST
It looks like the league will wait until tomorrow to make a decision.
Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
We’ll find out if Barch will get suspended regarding the P.K. Subban incident tomorrow.
Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Ryan Malone isn’t going to be suspended for his hit on Chris Campoli and Brendan Shanahan will tell you why.
Sep 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EST
Do we have problems reading lips or is Wayne Simmonds just poorly denying making a homophobic slur at Sean Avery?
Sep 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
Wayne Simmonds’ alleged use of a homophobic slur has earned him a date with Colin Campbell to discuss the incident. GLAAD is also looking into an already very ugly situation.
Aug 25, 2011, 6:52 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan’s job with the NHL is a high-stress one that he can make very easy: By restoring sanity and adding transparency to the NHL’s punishment process when it comes to questionable acts on the ice.
Aug 23, 2011, 10:22 AM EST
The retirements of Paul Kariya and Dave Scatchard this summer thanks to lingering concussion problems should be all the NHL needs to get even tougher on illegal shots to the head.
Aug 20, 2011, 1:18 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan promises to explain all league discipline decisions next season; both suspension and non-suspensions. Will we finally have a clear understanding of what constitutes supplemental discipline?
Jun 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
Mike Murphy consulted with former league disciplinarian (and former Canucks GM) prior to issuing 4-game suspension to Aaron Rome. Yet again, the NHL has faces more questions with another conflict of interests.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Alex Burrows for biting Patrice Bergeron. Check out this post for more details and poll results.
Jun 1, 2011, 12:44 PM EST
It appears that Colin Campbell will be out as the league disciplinarian and former NHL star Brendan Shanahan will be taking his place as the league disciplinarian.
May 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
We’ve been waiting patiently for the first hysterical, conspiracy-laden column out of Vancouver regarding the Stanley Cup finals. Thankfully, Tony Gallagher took care of things for us.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)