May 31, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
The word “disrespectful” got thrown around a lot.
Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
The first three days of the postseason featured a number of controversial calls.
Apr 12, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
Executive VP Colin Campbell critical of missed call.
Mar 20, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
NHL executive vice-president talks about last night’s fight-filled affair.
Feb 17, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
Results from Colin Campbell’s investigation of the LA-Columbus timing glitch are in…
Feb 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Not clear if the result will stand.
Jan 19, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Making disciplinary decisions might turn Shanahan into an old man.
Jan 5, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
Florida forward “must be held accountable for making a comment that, in the context in which it was made, and in light of the entirety of the circumstances, was offensive and unacceptable.”
Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
Barch’s hearing will reportedly take place at 10 a.m.
Jan 3, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
It looks like the league will wait until tomorrow to make a decision.
Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
We’ll find out if Barch will get suspended regarding the P.K. Subban incident tomorrow.
Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Ryan Malone isn’t going to be suspended for his hit on Chris Campoli and Brendan Shanahan will tell you why.
Sep 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Do we have problems reading lips or is Wayne Simmonds just poorly denying making a homophobic slur at Sean Avery?
Sep 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds’ alleged use of a homophobic slur has earned him a date with Colin Campbell to discuss the incident. GLAAD is also looking into an already very ugly situation.
Aug 25, 2011, 6:52 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan’s job with the NHL is a high-stress one that he can make very easy: By restoring sanity and adding transparency to the NHL’s punishment process when it comes to questionable acts on the ice.
Aug 23, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
The retirements of Paul Kariya and Dave Scatchard this summer thanks to lingering concussion problems should be all the NHL needs to get even tougher on illegal shots to the head.
Aug 20, 2011, 1:18 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan promises to explain all league discipline decisions next season; both suspension and non-suspensions. Will we finally have a clear understanding of what constitutes supplemental discipline?
Jun 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Mike Murphy consulted with former league disciplinarian (and former Canucks GM) prior to issuing 4-game suspension to Aaron Rome. Yet again, the NHL has faces more questions with another conflict of interests.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Alex Burrows for biting Patrice Bergeron. Check out this post for more details and poll results.
Jun 1, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
It appears that Colin Campbell will be out as the league disciplinarian and former NHL star Brendan Shanahan will be taking his place as the league disciplinarian.
May 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting patiently for the first hysterical, conspiracy-laden column out of Vancouver regarding the Stanley Cup finals. Thankfully, Tony Gallagher took care of things for us.
May 10, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Eric Lindros is a guy that knows a thing or two about concussions and he says the NHL’s rule changes have made it more dangerous for concussions.
May 8, 2011, 10:41 PM EDT
Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa has a good idea why Nashville and Chicago fans haven’t been happy with his team and he’d like to see his own squad not get busted for diving.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
The NHLPA isn’t happy about Colin Campbell’s explanation beyond the Raffi Torres non-suspension and hopes to close up the baffling behind the net loophole.
Apr 22, 2011, 12:30 AM EDT
Colin Campbell’s TSN radio appearance was almost uncomfortably tense.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)