Aug 8, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Ducks handed head coach Randy Carlyle a three-year contract extension that concludes in the 2013-14 season. It’s good to get that out of the way because the 2011-12 season that might be his most challenging campaign behind the Ducks bench.
Aug 3, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
The Sabres promoted former NHL player Kevyn Adams to an assistant coaching role for bench boss Lindy Ruff.
Jul 22, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens promoted Randy Cunneyworth and Randy Ladouceur to the assistant coach level from Hamilton while the Winnipeg Jets rounded out their staff by adding Pascal Vincent.
Jul 8, 2011, 11:23 AM EDT
Western Michigan coach Jeff Blashill left his post today to become an assistant coach for Mike Babcock (pictured) and the Red Wings.
Jun 26, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Kirk Muller was a red-hot prospect for one of the NHL’s coaching vacancies but fell just short. Muller’s loss looks to be the Predators’ gain as it sounds like Muller will coach their AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Jun 23, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Claude Noel will reportedly be Winnipeg’s new head coach.
Jun 23, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
The Senators added Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds to their coaching staff as assistants to Paul MacLean.
Jun 16, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
Minnesota is expected to make Mike Yeo the third head coach in Wild history on Friday.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Avalanche announced some front office moves today, including Adam Deadmarsh’s promotion to the position of assistant coach.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s official: Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean will be the Ottawa Senators’ next head coach. Click “Read More” for some background on MacLean and what he’s going up against in Ottawa.
Jun 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
The Stars are expected to officially promote Glen Gulutzan – the head coach of their AHL affiliate Texas Stars – to the big club’s top spot sometime this week.
Jun 13, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
The Senators are expected to announce Red Wings assistant Paul MacLean as their new head coach tomorrow, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Jun 12, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
The new Winnipeg team plans on interviewing new head coaching candidates, but strangely enough, they’ll give lame duck coach Craig Ramsay an interview too.
Jun 8, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
The Penguins made Bill Guerin their player development coach. This post elaborates on his role and also depicts the stability the franchise is setting up for itself.
Jun 7, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
The Hurricanes added Dave Lewis to its coaching staff, while promoting Ron Francis and Rod Brind’Amour within their organization. They also moved Tom Rowe to a scouting position on a busy day of front office tweaks.
Jun 6, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
The Flames made Craig Hartsburg an associate coach and Jamie Pringle their new video guy while the Blue Jackets named Ian Clark as their new goalie coach.
May 31, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
You can cross off one team from the list of those needing a new head coach as the Panthers are reaching out to a former NHL veteran and solid AHL coach to fill their needs.
Apr 12, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Interim head coach Jack Capuano is now just head coach Jack Capuano, the Islanders announced today.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 31
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)