Aug 2, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Trent Hunter and Colin White did indeed clear waivers and the Devils will buy them out, as expected. This post takes a look at how those savings will affect the Devils and what kind of chances those two new free agents have of finding a new job.
Feb 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Flames winger Niklas Hagman cleared waivers today. Does this mean a Calgary move is imminent?
Jan 12, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
The KHL and NHL more or less traded mediocre forwards, as Petr Prucha left Phoenix for SKA St. Petersburg while Kyle Wellwood left Atlant for the St. Louis Blues.
Jan 4, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Many expected the Islanders to make a claim for Michael Leighton. Instead, the big goalie will report to the Flyers’ AHL affiliate this week because he cleared waivers today.
Dec 29, 2010, 1:08 PM EDT
Yesterday, many wondered if Marek Svatos would clear waivers and therefore join the Blues. Instead, the Predators decided to go for his one year, $800K deal and snatched him from St. Louis
Oct 23, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
With only 60 or so jobs available, life isn’t easy for the types of goalies who aren’t automatic $5 million+ starters. Just look at the careers of guys who had some low moments but actually put together solid numbers like (don’t laugh … too much) Roman Cechmanek. He had a few shaky moments after being…
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39