Jan 31, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Anze Kopitar might not fly under the radar much longer if he keeps scoring goals like he did in Sunday’s All-Star Game.
Jan 25, 2011, 7:54 PM EDT
Claude Giroux and Jeff Carter combined for an effort worthy of the Goal of the Week for January 17-23rd.
Jan 24, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Claude Giroux’s great saucer pass and Jeff Carter’s impressive bit of hand-eye coordination produced Sunday’s best goal.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The Flyers showed why they’re the best in the Eastern Conference after humbling the defending champion Blackhawks 4-1 in Chicago.
Jan 23, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Flyers broke out in the second period taking a 1-0 lead after two periods.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
While the attention is focused on Chris Pronger and Daniel Briere for Philly’s success, it’s the rise of the Flyers youth that has moved them to the top of the Eastern Conference.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
While winning 7-5 isn’t how Tim Thomas prefers to get things done, he made some key saves last night. The best-looking one took place when Thomas thwarted Claude Giroux on a breakaway. Check out the video of that save in this post.
Philadelphia passes Pittsburgh with win as they end Penguins’ streak, but cannot keep Crosby off the board
Dec 14, 2010, 10:04 PM EDT
Sure, Sidney Crosby extended his point scoring streak to 19 games, but the Flyers stopped the Penguins’ winning streak and took the Atlantic/East/NHL points lead in the process.
Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were a tenth of a second away from winning in overtime against the San Jose Sharks, who ended up besting the Broad Street Bullies in the shootout.
Nov 25, 2010, 12:25 AM EDT
Check out Kimmo Timonen’s glass breaking dump-in by clicking “Read More.”
Nov 13, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
The Flyers are making sure to take care of their own in a big way. After signing Claude Giroux to an extension last week, they’re extended Jeff Carter to an even more incredible deal.
Nov 8, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
The Flyers are hedging their bets that Claude Giroux continues to improve his game.
Nov 5, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=35&id=81504&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
While the Rangers were busy rolling over dead all night, the Flyers were more than happy to go wild at their expense. Doing their job to do things crazy was the combo of Claude Giroux and Mike Richards to rip one past Henrik Lundqvist. This one is equally impressive for both Giroux’s 180-degree spin to…
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)