City of Glendale
May 11, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
After a night filled with debates and speaking up from the citizens, the Glendale City Council voted to approve $25 million to the NHL for the second straight year to fund losses for the team to keep them in the desert for one more year.
May 10, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
The City of Glendale will vote on whether or not they’ll pay $25 million to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix for at least one more season. This decision will affect the future of the Thrashers and city of Winnipeg as well.
May 7, 2011, 1:53 AM EST
The City of Glendale is looking to once again lock the Phoenix Coyotes into place for one more year by anteing up $25 million more dollars to cover losses for next season.
May 3, 2011, 3:37 PM EST
If nothing else, the City of Glendale is good about paying their bills to the NHL. They promised to pay the league $25 million for losses incurred this season and they took care of business.
Apr 28, 2011, 11:25 AM EST
The City of Glendale reportedly owes the NHL $25 million, although documents released on the matter indicate that the Phoenix Coyotes’ losses were actually closer to a staggering $36.6 million.
Apr 15, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
While the Coyotes have their hands full in dealing with the Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs, it’s looking like things behind the scenes are unraveling for their hopes to stay in the desert.
Despite pleas from NHL and Matt Hulsizer, Goldwater Institute remains defiant regarding Coyotes sale
Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 AM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s $75 million pledge to limit the City of Glendale’s risks involving keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix was a big concession, but it wasn’t enough to change the Goldwater Institute’s stance.
Mar 21, 2011, 1:35 AM EST
Prospective future Coyotes owner Matthew Hulsizer has made a huge concession in his deal to buy the team. Will it be enough to get the Goldwater Institute off their backs?
Mar 15, 2011, 8:47 PM EST
The saber rattling is officially done now as the watchdog group Goldwater Institute has filed a lawsuit against the City of Glendale over their proposed deal with prospective new Coyotes owner Matthew Hulsizer.
Mar 8, 2011, 9:10 PM EST
Gary Bettman discussed the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale tonight, but didn’t really tell us anything we didn’t know already. Click “Read More” for the details.
Mar 7, 2011, 7:17 PM EST
Is it possible the saga of the Phoenix Coyotes is coming to an unhappy ending in the desert? The game of chicken between the City of Glendale and the Goldwater Institute continues as the team’s fate hangs in the balance.
Mar 5, 2011, 9:05 PM EST
In what is almost like a counter-suit, reports indicate that the City of Glendale might sue the Goldwater Institute for “hundreds of millions of dollars” worth of damages. Yes, the Phoenix Coyotes sale is still a big mess.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes sale continues to hit speed bumps for a second straight season, which only complicates things for other franchises who might need to move, like the Atlanta Thrashers.
Dec 11, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
More details on the developing Phoenix Coyotes sale: the City of Glendale might put up $197 million over about five years to potential buyer Matt Hulsizer.
Oct 16, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
The NHL is excited about the prospect of selling the Phoenix Coyotes to Matthew Hulsizer. Shocking that they’d be excited about making $165 million right?
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)