Sep 26, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
This is like when Bart wasn’t allowed to hang out with Milhouse anymore.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
Mike Modano reflects on his retirement decision, while former teammates such as Joe Nieuwendyk and Chris Osgood also share their thoughts on one of the best (and most important) American hockey players of all-time.
Sep 1, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Chris Osgood’s life after retirement is starting quickly as he’s going from playing goal to coaching the position.
Jul 30, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
With Chris Osgood out of the NHL, “The Helmet” will probably be retired for good as well.
Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
Many Red Wings fans are probably saddened by Kris Draper’s retirement, but four younger forwards should make that defensive transition easier. In fact, they already started it.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
After a 20 year NHL career, Kris Draper calls it quits after what ended up being an outstanding career from one that started off inauspiciously.
Jul 25, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
A caption on a Kris Draper photo reveals that the grinding forward will probably announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Jul 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
The Red Wings confirmed rumors that Ty Conklin will be Jimmy Howard’s backup in 2011-12.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:06 AM EDT
Chris Osgood won’t be the Red Wings backup next season, but reports indicate that they’ll bring back another familiar face in Ty Conklin.
Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood will hang it up after 17 seasons in the NHL and a strange, winning career. Is he a Hall of Famer though?
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Is Joey MacDonald going to be the Red Wings backup goalie this year? After signing a two-year deal and with the young goaltending in the minors, you have to wonder.
Jul 7, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
After nearly a week of free agency madness, the pack of players available that could still be very useful has thinned out considerably. Who’s the best of the best though? We’ve got a few picks to sort through.
Apr 22, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
The rest that comes with sweeping their first round series could be great for the Red Wings, as Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen are expected to be back for Round 2.
Mar 26, 2011, 10:39 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard left tonight’s game with an upper body injury. How hard do you think coach Mike Babcock is sweating now?
Mar 23, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Chris Osgood’s groin still isn’t healthy and that’s bad news for Detroit as Jimmy Howard has been struggling of late.
Mar 14, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Jimmy Howard gets himself some help finally as Chris Osgood has been activated by the Red Wings.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM EDT
The Red Wings might have made their biggest move outside of trades today, as they signed their top goalie to a bargain two-year, $4.5 million deal.
Feb 22, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Red Wings passed along word that Valtteri Filppula, Mike Modano and Chris Osgood are all on track for returns. Filppula and Modano could be back as soon as this week.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EDT
Jimmy Howard won the January 3-9th save of the week award by an overwhelming margin.
Jan 10, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Red Wings fans won’t have Chris Osgood to kick around for the next 6-8 weeks thanks to sports hernia surgery. Jimmy Howard better be ready to work a lot more.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (91)