Sep 26, 2012, 2:09 PM EST
This is like when Bart wasn’t allowed to hang out with Milhouse anymore.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:25 PM EST
Mike Modano reflects on his retirement decision, while former teammates such as Joe Nieuwendyk and Chris Osgood also share their thoughts on one of the best (and most important) American hockey players of all-time.
Sep 1, 2011, 2:24 PM EST
Chris Osgood’s life after retirement is starting quickly as he’s going from playing goal to coaching the position.
Jul 30, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
With Chris Osgood out of the NHL, “The Helmet” will probably be retired for good as well.
Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 AM EST
Many Red Wings fans are probably saddened by Kris Draper’s retirement, but four younger forwards should make that defensive transition easier. In fact, they already started it.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:11 AM EST
After a 20 year NHL career, Kris Draper calls it quits after what ended up being an outstanding career from one that started off inauspiciously.
Jul 25, 2011, 1:16 PM EST
A caption on a Kris Draper photo reveals that the grinding forward will probably announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Jul 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
The Red Wings confirmed rumors that Ty Conklin will be Jimmy Howard’s backup in 2011-12.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:06 AM EST
Chris Osgood won’t be the Red Wings backup next season, but reports indicate that they’ll bring back another familiar face in Ty Conklin.
Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood will hang it up after 17 seasons in the NHL and a strange, winning career. Is he a Hall of Famer though?
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
Is Joey MacDonald going to be the Red Wings backup goalie this year? After signing a two-year deal and with the young goaltending in the minors, you have to wonder.
Jul 7, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
After nearly a week of free agency madness, the pack of players available that could still be very useful has thinned out considerably. Who’s the best of the best though? We’ve got a few picks to sort through.
Apr 22, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
The rest that comes with sweeping their first round series could be great for the Red Wings, as Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen are expected to be back for Round 2.
Mar 26, 2011, 10:39 PM EST
Jimmy Howard left tonight’s game with an upper body injury. How hard do you think coach Mike Babcock is sweating now?
Mar 23, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Chris Osgood’s groin still isn’t healthy and that’s bad news for Detroit as Jimmy Howard has been struggling of late.
Mar 14, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Jimmy Howard gets himself some help finally as Chris Osgood has been activated by the Red Wings.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
The Red Wings might have made their biggest move outside of trades today, as they signed their top goalie to a bargain two-year, $4.5 million deal.
Feb 22, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
The Red Wings passed along word that Valtteri Filppula, Mike Modano and Chris Osgood are all on track for returns. Filppula and Modano could be back as soon as this week.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EST
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EST
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EST
Jimmy Howard won the January 3-9th save of the week award by an overwhelming margin.
Jan 10, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
Red Wings fans won’t have Chris Osgood to kick around for the next 6-8 weeks thanks to sports hernia surgery. Jimmy Howard better be ready to work a lot more.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)