Apr 8, 2012, 6:24 PM EST
Can the top seed take on the upstart Senators?
Mar 26, 2012, 11:47 PM EST
Close but no cigar for the scrappy Winnipeg.
Mar 3, 2012, 10:28 PM EST
New York has a 10 point lead on Boston for first in the conference.
Mar 2, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
Bruins defensemen dropping like flies.
Feb 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EST
It seems inevitable these two will find each other tonight.
Feb 27, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
B’s blueliner was crushed on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2012, 7:12 AM EST
Who is and isn’t sniffing around at deals today and the players that are affected. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Feb 26, 2012, 9:34 AM EST
Those tire treads aren’t exactly fetching either. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 23, 2012, 6:49 PM EST
According to NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan.
Jan 17, 2012, 12:07 AM EST
Chris Neil did not take kindly to Kane’s check on Karlsson.
Dec 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
You’re in the clear, sayeth the Shanahan.
Dec 7, 2011, 10:55 PM EST
Watch the video and decide if Ovechkin should sit for his alleged act on Neil.
Dec 3, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Time to put the foil on in Ottawa, Chris Neil is back.
Oct 11, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Ryane Clowe stands out as a player who can drop the gloves and fill the net. Read this post to find out who else ranks as a “mini-enforcer.”
Sep 28, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
Chris Neil delivered a controversial hit on Mikhail Grabovski that went without punishment, but the good news for Maple Leafs fans is that the underrated Russian scorer seems OK.
Jul 5, 2011, 10:14 PM EST
The Predators and Senators got a little bigger and tougher today as the two teams signed enforcers to one-year contracts. Zack Stortini signed with Nashville while Zenon Konopka might make Ottawa the “toughest team in the NHL.”
Feb 10, 2011, 9:38 PM EST
With Mike Fisher on his way to Nashville for a pair of draft picks, signs are brighter than ever that a major house cleaning is going to happen in Ottawa. But who should go and who should stay? We’ll run down a list of players that might see some action.
Jan 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
While we’re busy figuring out who we think Team Staal and Team Lidstrom will have on their rosters, a pair of Flyers enforcers choose up their own all-star fighting squads.
Nov 1, 2010, 3:57 PM EST
The enforcers community in the NHL is generally one built upon respect for other enforcers since they know how hard one another’s job is in the league. After all, playing the role of public defender of your teammates on the ice and designated brawler with other enforcers is a tough job despite not logging a…
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)