Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Professional Hockey Writers Association are reaffirming their position in support of exiled beat blogger Chris Botta and are asking NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to step in and do something about it.
New York hockey writers will not vote for year-end awards in protest of blogger’s revoked credentials
Apr 2, 2011, 1:35 AM EDT
The New York Rangers chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association (PHWA) announced that they will abstain from voting in the year-end awards as a form of protest for the Islanders revoking Chris Botta’s credentials earlier this season.
Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Maybe they don’t have much of a choice, but it looks like it will be much cheaper to go to an Islanders game next season.
Nov 19, 2010, 8:31 PM EDT
A New York Post asked if the Islanders could tie or break the NHL record for 17 straight losses. We decided to examine their schedule to gauge their chances.
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22