Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Professional Hockey Writers Association are reaffirming their position in support of exiled beat blogger Chris Botta and are asking NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to step in and do something about it.
New York hockey writers will not vote for year-end awards in protest of blogger’s revoked credentials
Apr 2, 2011, 1:35 AM EDT
The New York Rangers chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association (PHWA) announced that they will abstain from voting in the year-end awards as a form of protest for the Islanders revoking Chris Botta’s credentials earlier this season.
Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Maybe they don’t have much of a choice, but it looks like it will be much cheaper to go to an Islanders game next season.
Nov 19, 2010, 8:31 PM EDT
A New York Post asked if the Islanders could tie or break the NHL record for 17 straight losses. We decided to examine their schedule to gauge their chances.
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)