Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Professional Hockey Writers Association are reaffirming their position in support of exiled beat blogger Chris Botta and are asking NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to step in and do something about it.
New York hockey writers will not vote for year-end awards in protest of blogger’s revoked credentials
Apr 2, 2011, 1:35 AM EDT
The New York Rangers chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association (PHWA) announced that they will abstain from voting in the year-end awards as a form of protest for the Islanders revoking Chris Botta’s credentials earlier this season.
Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Maybe they don’t have much of a choice, but it looks like it will be much cheaper to go to an Islanders game next season.
Nov 19, 2010, 8:31 PM EDT
A New York Post asked if the Islanders could tie or break the NHL record for 17 straight losses. We decided to examine their schedule to gauge their chances.
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 40
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 101
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (101)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)