Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
The Professional Hockey Writers Association are reaffirming their position in support of exiled beat blogger Chris Botta and are asking NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to step in and do something about it.
New York hockey writers will not vote for year-end awards in protest of blogger’s revoked credentials
Apr 2, 2011, 1:35 AM EST
The New York Rangers chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association (PHWA) announced that they will abstain from voting in the year-end awards as a form of protest for the Islanders revoking Chris Botta’s credentials earlier this season.
Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Maybe they don’t have much of a choice, but it looks like it will be much cheaper to go to an Islanders game next season.
Nov 19, 2010, 8:31 PM EST
A New York Post asked if the Islanders could tie or break the NHL record for 17 straight losses. We decided to examine their schedule to gauge their chances.
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EST
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32