Aug 6, 2011, 9:47 PM EDT
The Islanders could be on the move in the future, but perhaps it’ll be to another location on Long Island and not Kansas City or Quebec City.
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
PHT agrees with the general sentiment of Arctic Hockey’s post against the idea of publicly funding arenas.
Aug 2, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
Gary Bettman says that the NHL will do what it can to keep the New York Islanders from relocating.
Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 AM EDT
The future of the New York Islanders calling Long Island home for the foreseeable future took a major blow tonight as the arena referendum was voted down by Nassau County voters.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 AM EDT
Getting ready to vote for the Islanders’ August 1 arena referendum? Do you just want a collection of thoughts on the situation? This post has you covered either way.
Jul 29, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
The Islanders aren’t just getting support from the Rangers on their new arena deal, but the Devils are backing them as well.
Jul 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Are the Islanders in the market for another big move? Rumor says that they are. Could that also mean they avoid the Alexei Yashin debacle?
Jul 24, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
If the Islanders arena referendum doesn’t pass on August 1, Charles Wang says he’s not going to try and develop the Nassau Coliseum area anymore.
Report: Alexei Yashin’s agent says they’re negotiating with Islanders, ‘seriously considering’ the offer
Jul 22, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
It’s tough to tell if this is just another negotiating ploy or not, but Alexei Yashin’s agent says that they’re negotiating with the Islanders. Yashin and his agent are reportedly “seriously considering their offer.”
Jul 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The New York Islanders announced they’ll be hosting an event outside Nassau Coliseum with current and former Islanders players, ice girls, and a free concert featuring Blue Oyster Cult to help convince voters to vote “YES” for a new arena on August 1.
Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
After five seasons running the Islanders, Garth Snow is slowly rebuilding the team. Is there reason to have hope on Long Island?
Jul 9, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT
The Islanders are asking for $4 million from Nassau county to repair their aging arena.
May 11, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
A date is set for the Islanders to have a vote on whether or not the residents of Nassau County will OK a $400 million plan to build a new arena for the team.
Dec 5, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Should the NHL take over the fledgling New York Islanders franchise, as New York Post writer Larry Brooks suggests?
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
Nov 7, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
If you’re one to believe a semi-blind item by Larry Brooks of the New York Post, then you’ll believe that Islanders head coach Scott Gordon is on the hot seat. A seven-game losing streak can make that happen.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 14
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)