Feb 16, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
All for a cool $300 million, too.
Aug 2, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
Bruce Ratner really wants hockey in his new building.
May 30, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
NHL commish supports Isles owner Charles Wang’s efforts.
Apr 1, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Rebuilding team will stay the course.
Mar 25, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
It will be finished by September 2015, but will they have a NHL tenant?
Mar 24, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
And you thought the Islanders had it hard enough at home already.
Mar 22, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
The franchise might be on the move once its lease expires in 2015.
Feb 13, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Brooklyn must have too many hipsters to be tenable.
Feb 3, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
An NHL source tells WFAN the chances of a move to the Barclays Center are “actually pretty good.”
Jan 31, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Maybe we can get Jay-Z to drop in for an Islanders-Devils game.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Charles Wang still believes in Garth Snow … or at least that’s what he’s saying.
Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
Mike Milbury gets the call tonight to do color commentary between a pair of teams he knows very well.
Sep 22, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
The hopes of keeping the Islanders in Long Island aren’t totally dead just yet, as a task force proposed a $346.5 million plan to renovate Nassau Coliseum and its surrounding area.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EDT
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Sep 15, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Islanders restricted free agent Josh Bailey has a deadline to be signed by Friday morning or else the Islanders will make him miss the rest of the season.
Sep 14, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
Former Nordiques owner Marcel Aubut seems to think that the NHL is coming back to Quebec City and soon. Guilty conscience turned into hope or is he right?
Aug 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The New York Islanders still have not come to terms with their restricted free agent Josh Bailey. There’s no need for fans to worry yet… but if there’s still no deal going into training camp, it could be a different story.
Aug 19, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
Leadership for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn met with NHL for general discussions regarding a potential NHL team. New York Islanders anyone?
Aug 10, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The new arena being built in Brooklyn, Barclays Center, is going to be able to host hockey there without an issue. Could this be the Islanders’ future home?
Aug 9, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Islanders history of sweaters saw them start off so well before going off the rails in such incredible fashion they just had to start all over again. Repeatedly.
Aug 6, 2011, 9:47 PM EDT
The Islanders could be on the move in the future, but perhaps it’ll be to another location on Long Island and not Kansas City or Quebec City.
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
PHT agrees with the general sentiment of Arctic Hockey’s post against the idea of publicly funding arenas.
Aug 2, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
Gary Bettman says that the NHL will do what it can to keep the New York Islanders from relocating.
Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 AM EDT
The future of the New York Islanders calling Long Island home for the foreseeable future took a major blow tonight as the arena referendum was voted down by Nassau County voters.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)