Feb 16, 2013, 12:36 PM EST
All for a cool $300 million, too.
Aug 2, 2012, 10:46 AM EST
Bruce Ratner really wants hockey in his new building.
May 30, 2012, 10:10 PM EST
NHL commish supports Isles owner Charles Wang’s efforts.
Apr 1, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
Rebuilding team will stay the course.
Mar 25, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
It will be finished by September 2015, but will they have a NHL tenant?
Mar 24, 2012, 12:39 PM EST
And you thought the Islanders had it hard enough at home already.
Mar 22, 2012, 8:09 PM EST
The franchise might be on the move once its lease expires in 2015.
Feb 13, 2012, 12:51 PM EST
Brooklyn must have too many hipsters to be tenable.
Feb 3, 2012, 2:42 PM EST
An NHL source tells WFAN the chances of a move to the Barclays Center are “actually pretty good.”
Jan 31, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
Maybe we can get Jay-Z to drop in for an Islanders-Devils game.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
Charles Wang still believes in Garth Snow … or at least that’s what he’s saying.
Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
Mike Milbury gets the call tonight to do color commentary between a pair of teams he knows very well.
Sep 22, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
The hopes of keeping the Islanders in Long Island aren’t totally dead just yet, as a task force proposed a $346.5 million plan to renovate Nassau Coliseum and its surrounding area.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EST
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Sep 15, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Islanders restricted free agent Josh Bailey has a deadline to be signed by Friday morning or else the Islanders will make him miss the rest of the season.
Sep 14, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
Former Nordiques owner Marcel Aubut seems to think that the NHL is coming back to Quebec City and soon. Guilty conscience turned into hope or is he right?
Aug 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The New York Islanders still have not come to terms with their restricted free agent Josh Bailey. There’s no need for fans to worry yet… but if there’s still no deal going into training camp, it could be a different story.
Aug 19, 2011, 9:03 PM EST
Leadership for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn met with NHL for general discussions regarding a potential NHL team. New York Islanders anyone?
Aug 10, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
The new arena being built in Brooklyn, Barclays Center, is going to be able to host hockey there without an issue. Could this be the Islanders’ future home?
Aug 9, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The Islanders history of sweaters saw them start off so well before going off the rails in such incredible fashion they just had to start all over again. Repeatedly.
Aug 6, 2011, 9:47 PM EST
The Islanders could be on the move in the future, but perhaps it’ll be to another location on Long Island and not Kansas City or Quebec City.
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 AM EST
PHT agrees with the general sentiment of Arctic Hockey’s post against the idea of publicly funding arenas.
Aug 2, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
Gary Bettman says that the NHL will do what it can to keep the New York Islanders from relocating.
Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 AM EST
The future of the New York Islanders calling Long Island home for the foreseeable future took a major blow tonight as the arena referendum was voted down by Nassau County voters.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 1
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 7
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 9
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 60
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)