Sep 6, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin responded to weight-related questions by saying that his body is “perfect” right now. He hopes that his new equipment is an ideal fit, too, as he signed a six-year endorsement deal with Bauer.
Sep 2, 2011, 2:17 AM EDT
Alexander Ovechkin signs a long-term endorsement deal with Nike. Now that Reebok has Crosby and Nike has Ovechkin, how long before Converse or Adidas look to lock up Joe Thornton or Chris Pronger? Don’t hold your breath.
Aug 22, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
We didn’t have to wait very long for a new company to feature some bizarre and enjoyable ads with Ovechkin, as Mr. Big clearly filled the gap left behind by CCM with their first goofy commercial.
Aug 3, 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin will take his hockey skills (and disembodied head) to a new endorser, leaving CCM and Reebok behind.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40