Jun 15, 2013, 1:14 PM EST
Who wants surprises anyway?
Jun 20, 2012, 7:53 PM EST
The first Avalanche rookie to win it since Chris Drury in 1999.
Apr 20, 2012, 11:18 AM EST
Talented group of forwards comprise this year’s finalists group.
Mar 28, 2012, 3:11 PM EST
Colorado rookie has been stellar down the stretch.
Feb 25, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
The Coyotes netminder earns his 10th straight victory.
Jan 5, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
Prized Oilers rookie to miss extended time.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
Michael Grabner talks about moving on from a 2010-11 season that featured dramatic ups and downs.
Sep 13, 2011, 7:38 PM EST
Jeff Skinner accomplished more than most rookies last season. An all-star appearance, 31 goals, 63 points, and a Calder Trophy. Next on the “to-do” list: a playoff berth.
Aug 21, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
USA Today’s Kevin Allen wonders if the 2011-12 crop of rookies might top last season’s first-year players. PHT examines the strength of that 2010-11 group to see how tough a task that will be.
Jun 22, 2011, 8:24 PM EST
Jeff Skinner was a boy amongst men playing like Superman and took home the Calder Trophy as the league’s rookie of the year.
Jun 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The PHT staff makes the cases for Logan Couture, Jeff Skinner, and Michael Grabner for the 2011 Calder Trophy.
May 13, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
After a potential Calder Trophy winning season scoring 34 goals, Michael Grabner will be staying in Long Island for five more years.
Apr 19, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
With an outstanding group of rookies available this year, the finalists for the Calder Trophy turned out to be pro offense all the way. Who got snubbed though?
Apr 1, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
Brad Marchand’s golf-swing taunt backfired last night, as the Maple Leafs used it (plus some Bruins errors) to make a thunderous comeback. Marchand still needs to find the right balance in his pestering game.
Mar 20, 2011, 12:09 AM EST
The Sharks currently lead their game against the Blues, but they might experience a big loss if Logan Couture’s leg injury is serious.
Jan 9, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
Yesterday, James shocked and amazed you with his selections for who should win the NHL awards at the halfway point. Today, Joe Yerdon gets to lay the truth as he sees it down.
Jan 8, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Expect some surprises in the first set of two mid-season trophy awards posts from the PHT staff.
Jan 5, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
Logan Couture lead all rookies in scoring in the month of December, earning the rookie of the month. Could the Calder Trophy be in his future, too?
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers nearly run out of goalies 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 47
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)