Feb 11, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
The clause would only work once, but it would allow NHL teams to rid themselves of the league’s worst contracts.
Aug 8, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
To the surprise of just about no one, Brett Lebda cleared waivers today.
Aug 2, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Trent Hunter and Colin White did indeed clear waivers and the Devils will buy them out, as expected. This post takes a look at how those savings will affect the Devils and what kind of chances those two new free agents have of finding a new job.
Jun 28, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
The Wild put struggling defenseman Cam Barker on waivers today, the first part of the process that might end with a buyout.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50