Jun 14, 2011, 12:23 PM EST
It’s official: Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean will be the Ottawa Senators’ next head coach. Click “Read More” for some background on MacLean and what he’s going up against in Ottawa.
Jun 13, 2011, 1:41 PM EST
The Senators are expected to announce Red Wings assistant Paul MacLean as their new head coach tomorrow, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Apr 12, 2011, 9:06 PM EST
After New Jersey shockingly won the NHL Draft lottery tonight, they’ll be in the position of getting to choose one of five top prospects. It can be a gamble, but who’s shaping up to be the top pick this year? Let the speculation begin.
Apr 9, 2011, 8:23 PM EST
Ottawa GM Bryan Murray will need to bring in the fifth coach (including himself) in his tenure as the Senators GM, as the team decided to fire Cory Clouston as well as two assistant coaches.
Apr 8, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
No, that isn’t a misprint. Ottawa is giving general manager Bryan Murray a three-year contract extension to try and lead the Senators out of
Mar 21, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
The Senators rebuild begins with… Craig Anderson? It’s true as they’ve signed him up to a four-year extension.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:33 PM EST
The Bruins sent their 2011 second round pick to the Senators in exchange for versatile but limited forward Chris Kelly. Read this post to find out how this might affect both teams.
Feb 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
This week, Mike Milbury gives his thoughts on the Mike Fisher deal and has major kudos for Barry Trotz while also giving us his opinion on Matt Cooke’s suspension by the NHL.
Jan 25, 2011, 12:20 AM EST
Bad news for Sens fans? Owner Eugene Melnyk says that coach Cory Clouston and GM Bryan Murray will stay with the team the rest of the year.
Jan 5, 2011, 3:28 PM EST
With the Senators struggling and laying an egg against the Maple Leafs on Saturday, the heat is being turned up on coach Cory Clouston.
Dec 17, 2010, 9:24 PM EST
It’s one thing when you hear the hometown announcer get on a guy from the opposing team, it’s another when it’s a guy that used to play against him though.
Dec 5, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
The latest trade rumor gossip is that the Ottawa Senators are looking to add toughness to their defensive corps, possibly by trying to acquire Kevin Bieksa.
Oct 20, 2010, 3:10 PM EST
Senators GM Bryan Murray has a funny way of motivating his team – he threatens to trade them to Minnesota if they can’t get it together.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)