Jun 29, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Toughness that can play a bit, too.
May 24, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
Jay Rosehill vs. Brian McGrattan was a good one.
May 1, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Huge development prior to Wednesday’s tilt in Nashville.
Apr 15, 2012, 2:19 AM EDT
Detroit, Nashville series is tied at 1-1 going into Sunday’s contest in Detroit.
Apr 8, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
Red Wings have beaten Preds in their previous two playoff series, but this time might be different.
Mar 5, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
Toronto’s truculence level: Raised.
Feb 7, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
“If Ryan leaves here on July 1, maybe a lot of those things I was going to do wouldn’t make a lot of sense in the long run.”
Dec 19, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
Is the risk worth the reward?
Dec 9, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
Tampa Bay and Philly to star in “Stallin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo”
Dec 6, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
Preds forward discusses New York Times’ Derek Boogaard article.
Nov 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
Fight of the year? You’ll have to watch to find out…
Oct 14, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
When enforcers talk about other fighters, the result is sometimes some kind of trash talk. Brian McGrattan serves it up for Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette.
Feb 28, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
To catch you all the way up to date, here are some of the lower level deals from the 2011 trade deadline.
Nov 10, 2010, 12:16 AM EDT
It looks like Michael Ryder might join the ranks of the wounded in Boston.
Nov 9, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Checking in on what happened with Canadiens forward Dustin Boyd and Bruins enforcer Brian McGrattan who were both waived yesterday by their teams, it appears that no one took a flier on them as they’ve each cleared waivers. Boyd won’t be heading to AHL Hamilton right now but the team has the option to do…
Nov 8, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens placed marginal winger Dustin Boyd on waivers today.
Nov 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins placed enforcer Brian McGrattan on waivers today.
Nov 1, 2010, 3:57 PM EDT
The enforcers community in the NHL is generally one built upon respect for other enforcers since they know how hard one another’s job is in the league. After all, playing the role of public defender of your teammates on the ice and designated brawler with other enforcers is a tough job despite not logging a…
Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day. The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja…
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)