Jan 23, 2012, 6:49 PM EST
According to NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan.
Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
And yes, Alex Ovechkin made it.
Jan 4, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Another former Blackhawk finds his way to south Florida.
Dec 28, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
Betting on how many goalies will finish with a GAA below 2.00. Plus, odds Jarome Iginla gets traded and Erik Karlsson scores the most points of any defenseman.
Dec 14, 2011, 7:02 AM EST
If we didn’t have the Sharks’ holiday video, our most wonderful time of the year would be a lot more empty. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 19, 2011, 1:15 PM EST
As if Stan Bowman’s team wasn’t good enough already.
Nov 17, 2011, 4:15 PM EST
Plus four other notable numbers.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Movember is made for awesome facial hair and leave it up to Jaromir Jagr to to show everyone how to do it right.
Nov 16, 2011, 8:56 AM EST
Who is this mad man dropping bombs in Florida scoring goals from the blue line?
Oct 8, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
Who needs a captain? The Panthers don’t, they’ve got four guys wearing the “A” instead.
Oct 2, 2011, 9:54 PM EST
Will the Panthers’ extreme makeover work out in 2011-12? Check out PHT’s season preview to find out.
Sep 2, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
It’s easy to dismiss Brian Campbell’s departure as a total plus for Chicago, but Niklas Hjalmarsson will need to find himself a new defensive partner in 2011-12 with “Soupy” out of the mix.
Aug 14, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
The Senators might experience a logjam on defense if they can’t trade one of their expendable veterans, such as Sergei Gonchar or Filip Kuba.
Aug 3, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Shea Weber’s arbitration decision is a monstrous one and one that should have the Predators worried about how far they may have pushed their captain.
Jul 3, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
The Panthers might be the most dramatically different team in the NHL once the 2011-12 starts. But have they dramatically improved their team in the process? PHT takes an in-depth look at the team’s biggest additions.
Jul 3, 2011, 1:31 AM EST
Florida wasn’t done shopping after their crazy spending spree on Friday as they locked up former Capitals tough guy Matt Bradley to a two-year deal on Saturday.
Jul 2, 2011, 2:41 AM EST
All it took was one day in July for Dale Tallon to get people to take the Florida Panthers seriously again. Acquiring eight players in one day will do that.
Jul 1, 2011, 9:45 AM EST
With free agency kicking off today, one team that won’t be too active in the madness that’s sure to break out is Chicago. Can you blame them? They’ve been down that road already.
Jun 30, 2011, 4:02 PM EST
The Blackhawks didn’t take long to take advantage of their window of negotiations with defenseman Steve Montador, handing him a hefty four-year, $11 million deal.
Jun 29, 2011, 11:26 PM EST
The Sabres sent Steve Montador’s negotiating rights to the Blackhawks for a seventh rounder in 2012 or 2013. Is this a sign that they are close to signing Christian Ehrhoff?
Jun 29, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
Tomas Kopecky has 12 million reasons why to thank the NHL for adding the salary floor to the CBA as his four-year, $12 million deal with Florida probably wouldn’t have come about without it.
Jun 27, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Panthers GM Dale Tallon continues to stock up on Chicago Blackhawks cast-offs, trading for Tomas Kopecky just days after adding Brian Campbell to the Florida mix.
Jun 26, 2011, 11:23 PM EST
With the trade for Brian Campbell, the Florida Panthers have officially shifted gears from NHL “sellers” to aggressive “buyers” on the free agent market.
Jun 26, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
After a flurry of big-time trades, it’s time to wonder if there is such thing as an “untradeable contract” anymore.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
If reports are to be believed, Brian Campbell is headed to Florida to help buoy their defense and give their payroll a juicy boost.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)