Aug 13, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
They’ll look to move onward and upward, things can’t get worse.
Feb 21, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
Steve Downie to Colorado, Kyle Quincey to Detroit, first-round pick to Tampa.
Feb 10, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Marc Methot and Brett Lebda are on the injured reserve now.
Jan 19, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
More bad news for the beaten-down Blue Jackets.
Nov 16, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
Some team made the Leafs an offer for Cody Franson that we’re surprised Brian Burke didn’t accept immediately.
Sep 13, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Could Matt Lombardi help turn an already lopsided trade into a blunder for the ages in favor of the Maple Leafs? Brian Burke is giddy at the thought of it.
Aug 12, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
With Tim Connolly and perhaps Matt Lombardi as well, the Maple Leafs center position has a lot of potential to boost their offense and help them challenge for a playoff spot. Can they hold together?
Aug 10, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Brett Lebda’s days in Nashville are officially over before they began as the Predators have bought out the defenseman.
Aug 8, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
After Brett Lebda cleared waivers for the Predators earlier today, they’ve already started moving on signing former Islanders blue liner Jack Hillen to help fill out ranks.
Aug 8, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
To the surprise of just about no one, Brett Lebda cleared waivers today.
Aug 6, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
A report today says that Brett Lebda will be bought out by the Nashville Predators after being put on unconditional waivers. While that’s all well and good… Can they even do it?
Jul 3, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
The Predators moved on quickly after dealing off Cody Franson and Matt Lombardi while acquiring disappointing defenseman Brett Lebda. Signing possible spark plug forward Niclas Bergfors should do the trick.
Jul 3, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
The Leafs and Predators swing a deal that sees the Predators clear up salary space and the Leafs gain a solid defenseman and potentially a very useful forward.
Jul 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Free agency day figures to be a big one for a lot of teams, but which ones are worth keeping a closer eye on today? We’ve got a few that are worth eyeballing.
Feb 24, 2011, 11:41 PM EDT
Are they teasing their fans one last time or are the Leafs genuinely gunning for the playoffs? Either way, their win over rival Montreal tonight gets them within four points of the last spot in the East.
Dec 10, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
The Leafs defense gets takes a small blow with Mike Komisarek out for the next week to ten days.
Dec 6, 2010, 12:28 PM EDT
There’s good news concerning Dion Phaneuf’s injury, meanwhile Jean-Sebastian Giguere is hurting once again.
Nov 3, 2010, 1:25 PM EDT
The diagnosis from an actual doctor on Dion Phaneuf’s cut leg puts him out for at least four weeks. Are Leafs fans prepared for the Brett Lebda era?
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)