Jan 31, 2012, 7:21 AM EST
Like you could catch a sailfish. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 30, 2012, 3:58 PM EST
New Jersey’s given him a two-way deal.
Jan 24, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Pessimists might call them “opportunities to panic.”
Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Sharks defenseman won’t play tonight against Calgary.
Jan 24, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Returning to Phoenix won’t go over too well for Turris. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 10, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
Minnesota has lost 11 of 12, which is almost every game.
Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 AM EST
The Wild need a win badly at home to stop their slide, but the Sharks are red hot.
Jan 4, 2012, 2:33 PM EST
Out since Oct. 14 with major tendon damage.
Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
This might say more about Canadian sports personalities than anything else.
Dec 9, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
Sharks defenseman gets job cleaning up kangaroo dung.
Dec 6, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
The ninth round was stellar, and the ninth round doesn’t even exist anymore.
Nov 9, 2011, 6:51 PM EST
“It’s like an ex-girlfriend. You really don’t want her to get the white-picket fence and the great job.”
Nov 2, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
The Wild’s veteran rearguard is off to a brutal start this season.
Oct 31, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
The Rangers are reeling and the Sharks are looking awfully good. Sounds like a recipe for disaster at Madison Square Garden.
Oct 27, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks defenseman knows a thing or two about style.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:12 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks defenseman leads the team in goals (two), points (3) and ink (4/5ths of his body, approximately).
Oct 17, 2011, 2:24 AM EST
The Sharks are used to the high expectations that come with being a perennial contender. With Brent Burns added to the mix, expectations are higher than they’ve ever been.
Oct 15, 2011, 3:26 PM EST
Jason Blake will be out for three months because of a severe laceration near his left wrist.
Oct 15, 2011, 2:47 AM EST
Jason Blake suffered a gruesome cut to the left forearm and had to be sent to the hospital at the tail end of the Ducks 1-0 victory over the Sharks.
Oct 3, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
Once again, the Sharks will battle among the league’s elite as they try to take the next step in their development. Back-to-back appearances in the Western Conference final have set the bar fairly high in the Bay Area; and they have a team that has the chance to fulfill the lofty expectations.
Sep 12, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
The Sharks seem confident that they improved their odds of winning after a summer of splashy moves. Let’s try to gauge how accurate their self-assessment really is.
Jordan Hendry will audition for a spot with the Minnesota Wild after accepting a training camp tryout
Aug 27, 2011, 5:10 PM EST
The Wild need defensive help while Jordan Hendry needs a chance to save his career, so both sides could benefit if his training camp tryout goes well.
Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 PM EST
Over the last month, we’ve seen Brent Burns, Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Martin Havlat, and (recently) James Sheppard move between Minnesota and San Jose. But when all is said and done, Charlie Coyle could be the most important player involved in the Minnesota Wild and San Jose Sharks offseason version of Trading Places. Yet as…
Aug 6, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
The Sharks and Wild know each other awfully well this summer and made their third deal of the offseason, this time with the Wild sending frustrating forward James Sheppard to San Jose for a 2013 third round pick.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EST
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 132
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)