Nov 16, 2011, 7:43 PM EST
How long will the longest suspension be? Selanne or Jagr? Will the Wild make the playoffs?
Nov 16, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
I know, it sounds crazy.
Nov 16, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan lays the hammer down…again.
Nov 16, 2011, 9:19 AM EST
Chris Stewart has a hearing-by-phone with Brendan Shanahan to discuss his boarding of Niklas Kronwall last night.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
It’s been a rather hot topic.
Nov 14, 2011, 11:10 PM EST
One retired official believes that Brendan Shanahan and the on-ice officials made the wrong call regarding Milan Lucic’s hit on Ryan Miller.
Nov 14, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
The league’s head disciplinarian said that “it’s not” open season on goalies.
Nov 14, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Bruins tough guy didn’t exactly calm the storm with his comments.
Nov 14, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
Shanahan accepts Lucic’s story.
Nov 12, 2011, 10:53 AM EST
Aaron Rome is going to go down in Canucks lore as one of the more infamous names if he keeps up this sort of thing.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward escapes further punishment.
Nov 7, 2011, 7:55 AM EST
Not everyone gets suspended under Sheriff Shanahan’s watch. Ethan Moreau gets away with a fine.
Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
Buffalo’s chief agitator will miss the next four games after headbutting Philly’s Jakub Voracek
Nov 3, 2011, 9:28 AM EST
Flyers fans will call Patrick Kaleta a “butt-head” but he might be getting sat down by the league for headbutting Philly’s Jakub Voracek.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Want a little more reasoning behind “Shana-bans” (and non-suspensions)? Hear them straight from the man himself, with some feedback from PHT.
Nov 1, 2011, 5:37 PM EST
Edmonton will be without its hulking defenseman for a while.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EST
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 29, 2011, 7:09 PM EST
Daniel Carcillo got the call that he’d been waiting for from the NHL offices in New York. The verdict? A two-game suspension for his hit on Joni Pitkanen.
Oct 29, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Andy Sutton is going to get suspended by the NHL for his head hit on Gabriel Landeskog. The question is: How many games?
Oct 29, 2011, 12:17 PM EST
Dan Carcillo will have to talk with Brendan Shanahan about his questionable hit on Joni Pitkanen.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:20 AM EST
Despite having a mustache that makes him seem like an old timey villain, George Parros doesn’t have a long history of bad hits. He might face a suspension for his hit on Krys Barch, though.
Oct 21, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
Nashville defenseman gets hit in the wallet for boarding Vancouver’s Jannik Hansen. Judging by that suit, he can afford it.
Oct 21, 2011, 12:09 PM EST
Nashville Predators D Shea Weber could be facing suspension today after getting called for his second boarding penalty in as many games.
Oct 19, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be in Brendan Shanahan’s dog house and getting suspended, Jody Shelley wants you to know it’s like wearing prison blues.
Oct 18, 2011, 4:43 PM EST
Dressed in a stylish grey suit with a white shirt and Merlot tie, NHL Senior VP of Player Safety Brendan Shanahan suspended Pens D Kris Letang for two games for boarding Winnipeg’s Alex Burmistrov.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (108)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)