Nov 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
We might never see Nikita Filatov in the NHL again but now we’ll have a great story about a bust draft pick to go with him. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
Stephane Quintal is the NHL’s newest employee. Here he is punching PJ Stock.
Nov 17, 2011, 4:34 PM EST
Blues forward addresses media for first time since punishment.
Nov 16, 2011, 7:43 PM EST
How long will the longest suspension be? Selanne or Jagr? Will the Wild make the playoffs?
Nov 16, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
I know, it sounds crazy.
Nov 16, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan lays the hammer down…again.
Nov 16, 2011, 9:19 AM EST
Chris Stewart has a hearing-by-phone with Brendan Shanahan to discuss his boarding of Niklas Kronwall last night.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
It’s been a rather hot topic.
Nov 14, 2011, 11:10 PM EST
One retired official believes that Brendan Shanahan and the on-ice officials made the wrong call regarding Milan Lucic’s hit on Ryan Miller.
Nov 14, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
The league’s head disciplinarian said that “it’s not” open season on goalies.
Nov 14, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Bruins tough guy didn’t exactly calm the storm with his comments.
Nov 14, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
Shanahan accepts Lucic’s story.
Nov 12, 2011, 10:53 AM EST
Aaron Rome is going to go down in Canucks lore as one of the more infamous names if he keeps up this sort of thing.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward escapes further punishment.
Nov 7, 2011, 7:55 AM EST
Not everyone gets suspended under Sheriff Shanahan’s watch. Ethan Moreau gets away with a fine.
Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
Buffalo’s chief agitator will miss the next four games after headbutting Philly’s Jakub Voracek
Nov 3, 2011, 9:28 AM EST
Flyers fans will call Patrick Kaleta a “butt-head” but he might be getting sat down by the league for headbutting Philly’s Jakub Voracek.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Want a little more reasoning behind “Shana-bans” (and non-suspensions)? Hear them straight from the man himself, with some feedback from PHT.
Nov 1, 2011, 5:37 PM EST
Edmonton will be without its hulking defenseman for a while.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EST
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 29, 2011, 7:09 PM EST
Daniel Carcillo got the call that he’d been waiting for from the NHL offices in New York. The verdict? A two-game suspension for his hit on Joni Pitkanen.
Oct 29, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Andy Sutton is going to get suspended by the NHL for his head hit on Gabriel Landeskog. The question is: How many games?
Oct 29, 2011, 12:17 PM EST
Dan Carcillo will have to talk with Brendan Shanahan about his questionable hit on Joni Pitkanen.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:20 AM EST
Despite having a mustache that makes him seem like an old timey villain, George Parros doesn’t have a long history of bad hits. He might face a suspension for his hit on Krys Barch, though.
Oct 21, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
Nashville defenseman gets hit in the wallet for boarding Vancouver’s Jannik Hansen. Judging by that suit, he can afford it.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)