Oct 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes you around the league where you’ll see that Patrick Kane seems to be doing just fine as a center and much more.
Oct 5, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Calgary’s depth at center will be tested at the start of the year thanks to youngster Mikael Backlund breaking his finger. So about Matthew Stajan being in the doghouse…
Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
So many possibilities for the Calgary Flames this season. Can they avoid the season-killing slump to finally get back to the playoffs after two straight misses?
Jul 16, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
With a logjam at the forward position, a report indicates that the Flames might need to part ways with struggling winger Niklas Hagman.
Jul 15, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
The Flames brought back Brendan Morrison with a reasonable one-year, $1.25 million deal. PHT takes a quick look at this move in relation to the team’s shaky overall structure.
Mar 15, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
The Flames have lost another helpful forward to injury, as David Moss is expected to miss at least two weeks with a lower-body injury.
Mar 7, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
Unexpectedly effective Flames center Brendan Morrison will miss at least two or three more weeks with a knee injury.
Feb 18, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
Could weather concerns of a different kind (this time frigid temperatures rather than rain) cause some headaches for the NHL’s other outdoor game? Read more to find out the challenges facing ice guru Dan Craig during the 2011 Heritage Classic.
Oct 27, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Note: We’ll get you up to speed on the late Colorado-Vancouver game tomorrow morning or afternoon. Toronto 3, Florida 1 Colton Orr normally does damage with his hands, but tonight, he scored a game-winner for the Maple Leafs. This was a pretty bland night overall on paper, with J.S. Giguere cruising to his fourth win…
Oct 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
The start of Olli Jokinen’s second tour of duty in Calgary isn’t exactly off to the start the Flames were hoping for.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 74
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)