Apr 22, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
Presidents’ Trophy winner unable to rally from 0-3 series deficit.
Apr 11, 2012, 7:33 AM EST
Someone did tell Eugene Melnyk they’re facing the best team in the East, right? That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 7, 2012, 11:17 AM EST
One of the most memorable comebacks in NHL postseason history.
Mar 30, 2012, 2:54 PM EST
Another foot/ankle injury for the 27-year-old.
Jan 16, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
“You stay classy, Los Angeles. I’m Dustin Penner?”
Dec 6, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
The ninth round was stellar, and the ninth round doesn’t even exist anymore.
Nov 4, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Getting a gift is always so awkward for those special occasions. The Sharks opted to give Joe Thornton something you could probably only get in the Sky Mall catalog. It’s time for your Morning Skate.
Oct 20, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
The Morning Skate shows you how Jaromir Jagr is a workout freak as well as how the Kings are figuring out a nickname for Mike Richards. All that and more right ahead.
Jul 13, 2011, 12:51 AM EST
They’re not headliners, but they’re now on some of your favorite teams. It’s today’s depth signings that feature action from Colorado, Florida, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis.
Jul 9, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
The NHLPA announced when the players who chose to go to salary arbitration will head to court should they not get a deal worked out before then.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The list of players waiting for salary arbitration went down to 20 after the Kings signed defenseman Alec Martinez to a two-year contract extension today.
Apr 26, 2011, 2:40 PM EST
Just what went wrong for the L.A. Kings in getting bounced out of the playoffs? We’ve got it all figured out. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Apr 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Joe Thornton in the clutch? You better believe it. Also, the Canucks are on the doorstep of the asylum, Pittsburgh very well might be in trouble, and a bit about how Jamie McGinn was almost the goat and Ryan Malone the secret weapon.
Apr 15, 2011, 5:35 PM EST
The Kings will be without Jarret Stoll for Game 2 of their series with San Jose as the NHL suspended him for one game for his hit on Sharks defenseman Ian White. Is it finally Brayden Schenn time in L.A.?
Mar 1, 2011, 1:59 AM EST
While the Kings may have won trade deadline day by acquiring Dustin Penner, they lost their game tonight against Detroit in flamboyant fashion 7-4.
Oct 24, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Last night saw three different players score hat tricks in the NHL for the second night in a row. Which player had the most impressive hat trick of the bunch?
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)