May 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
The hockey community continues to react to the death of Derek Boogaard. Here are some of the memories shared by fans, writers and fellow players.
Apr 25, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
The Ducks were hunted right out of the playoffs by Nashville. We give you a short list of the reasons why they did go.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 23, 2011, 1:48 AM EST
The Ducks thought they had this one in check. Turns out no one told the Predators the game was over as they win it 4-3 in overtime to take a 3-2 series lead.
Apr 23, 2011, 12:58 AM EST
Bobby Ryan’s goal in the third period against Nashville is worth watching over and over and over and over… Trust us.
Apr 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
In today’s Five Thoughts, we give credit to the guts and heart of the Capitals while falling in love with the G-rated sass talk from Buffalo’s Ryan Miller.
Apr 17, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan is out for Games 3 and 4 in Nashville and the Ducks lineup will get shuffled in all sorts of ways.
Apr 16, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
The NHL decided to suspend Ducks forward Bobby Ryan for two games for his foot stomp on Predators skater Jonathan Blum.
Apr 16, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
The league will hold a disciplinary hearing with Ducks forward Bobby Ryan because of his skate stomp on Jonathon Blum. Could he face a suspension?
Apr 16, 2011, 11:26 AM EST
Today’s five thoughts have us feeling smug over the Caps, applauding the Ducks and Lightning, and worried for Vancouver.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:45 AM EST
After the Predators cruised to a Game 1 win and shut down the Ducks offense, Anaheim’s stars came through to tie the series up at 1-1 with a 5-3 win.
Apr 11, 2011, 8:15 PM EST
It might not be getting the attention some of the other series are, but Anaheim and Nashville are set up for a slobbknocker of a series.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:45 AM EST
Some worried that the NHL might not have a 50-goal scorer this season, but Corey Perry solved that problem with a hat trick against the Sharks tonight. Watch the video evidence in this post.
Apr 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
What may be the NHL’s best line teamed up for one of the prettiest set up goals you’ll see all year long.
Apr 3, 2011, 11:28 PM EST
Right when you thought things were going to get easier in the Western Conference today went and screwed all of that up.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:58 PM EST
Teemu Selanne’s game-tying goal shocked the Stars, helping the Ducks beat Dallas in overtime. It wasn’t the only good news for Anaheim, either, as top goalie Jonas Hiller was reactivated from the injured reserve.
Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
A game-changing save from Dan Ellis wasn’t just special because it turned into a Bobby Ryan goal, but because Ellis somehow found a way to stop Brandon Dubinsky cold.
Mar 7, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Vote for the February 28-March 6th Goal of the Week. The contestants are Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin, Bobby Ryan, Niklas Backstrom, Artem Anisimov, John Tavares and Alexander Semin.
Mar 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It might be debatable, and it’s definitely a rare occurrence, but Bobby Ryan’s penalty shot goal in overtime is most definitely worthy of goal of the night.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:37 PM EST
The Ducks committed to the general manager who took over for Brian Burke, as the team handed Bob Murray a four-year extension.
Feb 14, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
With Tyler Seguin becoming a regular healthy scratch, it begs the question: did the Bruins rush him into the NHL this season?
Feb 14, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Vote for the Goal of the Week for February 7-13th. The nominees are Rick Nash, Alex Ovechkin, Bobby Ryan, Mikael Samuelsson, Tyler Myers and Cam Fowler.
Feb 13, 2011, 11:39 PM EST
The Ducks moved into a virtual tie for the Pacific Division lead thanks to their 4-0 win over the Oilers. Yes, the Pacific is a big, fun mess.
Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The Ducks enjoyed the return of Ryan Getzlaf, who set up Bobby Ryan’s Goal of the Night with a beautiful backhand pass.
Jan 22, 2011, 10:44 PM EST
On Koivu’s homecoming night in Montreal, Bobby Ryan wins it for Anaheim in the shootout while Koivu gets one last send off as the #2 star of the game.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)