Nov 29, 2011, 8:58 AM EST
What would you want your team to give up to get Bobby Ryan?
Nov 28, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
With Bruce Boudreau and Paul Maurice out of jobs now, the coaching hot seat gets even hotter for Anaheim’s Randy Carlyle.
Nov 20, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
File this one under “Zero margin of error.”
Nov 11, 2011, 11:49 AM EST
Tough times in Anaheim led to the always-popular airing of the grievances.
Nov 7, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan, Big Buff and Vokie all get called to the carpet.
Nov 5, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
In what should’ve been a highlight game of the night instead features a pair of teams in desperate need of turning things around.
Nov 1, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
The Caps closed out their western Canada swing losing their last two games. Now they’re back home looking to get it all figured out against a less-than happy Ducks team.
Oct 24, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
Are you ready for a “Save of the Year” candidate from Phoenix’s Mike Smith? We bet you aren’t, but here it is. Seeing is believing.
Oct 16, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
A third period explosion helped lift the Anaheim Ducks to their second best start in franchise history.
Oct 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
George Parros’ one assist in enough to put him ahead of every member of the Ducks’ top two lines in the Art Ross Trophy race after three games.
Oct 8, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
Brad Richards scored his first goal as a Ranger, but it was Jonas Hiller and Bobby Ryan taking care of business in the shootout.
Oct 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Will the Ducks be able to ride their fantastic finish last season to yet another playoff appearance this season. Never underestimate the power of an elite scoring line and great goaltending.
Sep 28, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Jonas Hiller is showing that everything is back to normal this training camp. But listening to his teammates talk, we never really knew how bad it really was last season…
Sep 23, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
PHT takes a look at some prominent American-born forwards to see who might be the “next” Mike Modano.
Sep 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Even as training camp is underway, neither the Kings nor Drew Doughty’s representatives are budging. The longer this goes on, the worse everyone looks – so who should be the one to give in a bit first?
Sep 15, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The “Finnish Flash” is coming back to play one more year with the Anaheim Ducks. Let us all rejoice.
Aug 30, 2011, 1:10 PM EST
The Flyers are buying in to the notion that James van Riemsdyk is primed for stardom; they signed the budding power forward to a six-year deal worth $25.5 million.
Aug 5, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
If a report from a Finnish newspaper is correct, we’ll be waiting until September to see if Teemu Selanne is going to play one more season in the NHL.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
May 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
The hockey community continues to react to the death of Derek Boogaard. Here are some of the memories shared by fans, writers and fellow players.
Apr 25, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
The Ducks were hunted right out of the playoffs by Nashville. We give you a short list of the reasons why they did go.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 23, 2011, 1:48 AM EST
The Ducks thought they had this one in check. Turns out no one told the Predators the game was over as they win it 4-3 in overtime to take a 3-2 series lead.
Apr 23, 2011, 12:58 AM EST
Bobby Ryan’s goal in the third period against Nashville is worth watching over and over and over and over… Trust us.
Apr 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
In today’s Five Thoughts, we give credit to the guts and heart of the Capitals while falling in love with the G-rated sass talk from Buffalo’s Ryan Miller.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)