Aug 4, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Give it a few more years and this might change.
Oct 23, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
The Blackhawks honored their great forward duo of Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita by unveiling statues of the two icons on Saturday.
Oct 20, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The Morning Skate shows you how Jaromir Jagr is a workout freak as well as how the Kings are figuring out a nickname for Mike Richards. All that and more right ahead.
Aug 18, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
After trying to figure out the proper protocol for retired numbers in Winnipeg, the Jets have confirmed that Evander Kane will wear Bobby Hull’s old #9.
Aug 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
An iconic look from an iconic original six team, there’s not a lot to dislike about the Chicago Blackhawks’ sweaters.
Aug 3, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
While the Winnipeg Jets aren’t retiring any numbers, that’s not going to stop Bryan Little from changing his number to honor former Winnipeg Jets great Dale Hawerchuk.
Jul 22, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Evander Kane hopes to get Bobby Hull’s blessing to wear No. 9 with the Winnipeg Jets, as Hull did when he dominated the WHA in the mid-to-late ’70s.
Jun 11, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
While the Winnipeg hockey team is bound to the Atlanta Thrashers records, they will be doing one good thing with that and continuing to honor Dan Snyder’s memory in Manitoba.
May 24, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Blackhawks legend Stan Mikita is in for a new fight as he’s been diagnosed with oral cancer. Fortunately, the prospects are good for a full recovery.
Nostalgic night in Chicago: Blackhawks honor ’61 squad, will build Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita statues
Jan 10, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Sunday night was a great one for Blackhawks teams from the present (5-0 win over the Islanders) and past (thanks to a heritage night in which the team announced that they would erect statues for Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita).
Dec 17, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
There might be some mixed feelings during Friday’s Chris Chelios Heritage Night, as the Chicago Blackhawks honor a great defenseman who happened to spend a larger part of his career with the Detroit Red Wings.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)