Feb 29, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
“Slap Shot” isn’t the only great hockey movie anymore.
Feb 10, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Marty Howe said he doesn’t think it will happen when Gordie passes on.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Studies of Boogaard’s brain showed signs of CTE, a disease linked to Alzheimer’s.
Nov 14, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
The best part is when Keith Jones goes way back to 1987 to show that you should stand up to whoever runs your goalie, no matter who it is …
Sep 4, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
You can put former Calgary Flames fighter Jim Peplinski down as one former player against fighting in the NHL.
Sep 3, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With sudden death surrounding the world of NHL enforcers, the debate whether to keep fighting in the game is rightfully or wrongfully taking over discussion. Should fighting still be allowed in the NHL?
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
May 13, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
Awful news out of Minnesota tonight: Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard was found dead in his apartment. He was only 28 years old.
Mar 3, 2011, 12:59 AM EDT
Former Red Wings and Blackhawks enforcer Bob Probert donated his brain to science. Science discovered he had the same degenerative brain disease many former NFL players had.
Dec 17, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
There might be some mixed feelings during Friday’s Chris Chelios Heritage Night, as the Chicago Blackhawks honor a great defenseman who happened to spend a larger part of his career with the Detroit Red Wings.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)