Feb 29, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
“Slap Shot” isn’t the only great hockey movie anymore.
Feb 10, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Marty Howe said he doesn’t think it will happen when Gordie passes on.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Studies of Boogaard’s brain showed signs of CTE, a disease linked to Alzheimer’s.
Nov 14, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
The best part is when Keith Jones goes way back to 1987 to show that you should stand up to whoever runs your goalie, no matter who it is …
Sep 4, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
You can put former Calgary Flames fighter Jim Peplinski down as one former player against fighting in the NHL.
Sep 3, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With sudden death surrounding the world of NHL enforcers, the debate whether to keep fighting in the game is rightfully or wrongfully taking over discussion. Should fighting still be allowed in the NHL?
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
May 13, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
Awful news out of Minnesota tonight: Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard was found dead in his apartment. He was only 28 years old.
Mar 3, 2011, 12:59 AM EDT
Former Red Wings and Blackhawks enforcer Bob Probert donated his brain to science. Science discovered he had the same degenerative brain disease many former NFL players had.
Dec 17, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
There might be some mixed feelings during Friday’s Chris Chelios Heritage Night, as the Chicago Blackhawks honor a great defenseman who happened to spend a larger part of his career with the Detroit Red Wings.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)