Nov 15, 2011, 10:53 PM EST
Want to know what Brendan Shanhan will be looking at tomorrow morning? Check it out here…
Oct 7, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones debate Mats Zuccarello’s hit in the first period of Friday afternoon’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. Should these types of hits be two-minute minors or suspension worthy?
Oct 1, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Here is video footage of Eric Nystrom’s injurious hit on Taylor Fedun. For comic relief, check out Ray Emery’s gaffe, which allowed Matt Cooke to score a center-ice goal.
Sep 20, 2011, 10:02 PM EST
The NHL provided video explanations to the way referees will call penalties for boarding and hits to the head next season. Many believe that players are the ones who will ultimately be responsible for improving safety, though.
Jun 21, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
The NHL’s Board of Governors approved a few changes to Rule 41 (boarding) and Rule 48 (illegal hits to the head). How long before the wording confuses every single player and fan around the league?
Mar 31, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
A Marian Gaborik boarding hit knocked Frans Nielsen out of tonight’s Rangers-Islanders game. Should Gaborik worry about supplemental discipline?
Team executives call for stricter enforcement of charging, boarding infractions on Day 2 of GM Meetings
Mar 15, 2011, 1:57 PM EST
One of the focuses of the second day of GM meetings involved imposing stricter enforcement of boarding and charging infractions.
Feb 19, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
When the leading goal scorer in the NHL leaves the ice shaken up after a marginal play against the boards, it has a way of getting everyone’s attention pretty quickly.
Jan 20, 2011, 10:48 AM EST
Curtis Glencross delivered the latest suspension-worthy hit last night, boarding a vulnerable player in Clayton Stoner. Check out discussion of the hit and video of the play in this post.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 21
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 2
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)