Feb 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Debating the merits of a very courageous strategy.
Dec 27, 2011, 10:32 AM EDT
Even after a shutout victory Torts can find something to rail about.
Dec 29, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Stephane Robidas isn’t a goalie, but he sure looked like one when he bailed out his netminder Andrew Raycroft it what became the December 28th save of the night.
Oct 19, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Who said you need to be a goalie to make the save of the night? OK, technically many people will consider this a blocked shot, but all New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek needed was some goalie pads and an elaborate mask to completely embrace the role of a goalie right here. Dwayne Roloson played…
Oct 15, 2010, 3:56 PM EDT
I tackled the typical points/goals/plus-minus leaders in an earlier post, so I thought I’d take a look at some of the odd stats from the first week of hockey. Small sample sizes can make for some strange numbers, so enjoy this look around the league. (Feel free to spout some strange stats of your own…
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6