Jun 27, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
Concussion issues have plagued the 25-year-old winger.
Jun 27, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
26-year-old winger gets another shot in Calgary.
Jun 26, 2012, 12:02 AM EDT
Their teams opted not to qualify them, fattening up the free agent market in the process.
Jun 4, 2012, 8:33 PM EDT
Jay Bouwmeester might be the odd man out.
Apr 10, 2012, 5:46 PM EDT
Calgary GM apologizes as team misses playoffs for third straight year.
Mar 23, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
He wasn’t one of the shooters picked in a 3-2 SO loss to Minnesota on Thursday.
Mar 17, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
Lee Stempniak’s return is a real buzz kill.
Mar 8, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
2011 first-round pick Sven Baertschi will make his NHL debut Friday.
Mar 5, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Won’t have a chance to get back at his old team.
Feb 23, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Calgary coach takes a stand against awful performances.
Nov 29, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
We ask questions. Then we answer them.
Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Blake Comeau will look to get his season turned around in Calgary where the Flames could use some of the same.
Nov 24, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
Maybe get that cranberry sauce to go.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Oct 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Isles and Penguins are always so gentlemanly when they play each other. That means, “hate each other violently,” right?
Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM EDT
Blake Comeau and the New York Islanders were able to avoid salary arbitration as they agreed to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EDT
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The vast majority of arbitration eligible restricted free agents have already signed contracts with their current teams, but there are still a few teams and players negotiating as their arbitration hearings loom.
Jul 9, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
The NHLPA announced when the players who chose to go to salary arbitration will head to court should they not get a deal worked out before then.
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Nov 4, 2010, 11:42 PM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=-7&id=81514&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
It has been rough lately for Ottawa goalie Brian Elliott but he was on his game in a big way tonight. Late in the third period with Ottawa on the power play, Elliott would have to make two tough shorthanded saves on two separate breakaway attempts by Blake Comeau and Frans Nielsen. Elliott’s stops helped…
Oct 16, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Penguins are upset over a game-misconduct penalty given to defenseman Kris Letang for a hit to the head of Blake Comeau. Their problem? Comeau wasn’t even hit in the head.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 4
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 33
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)