Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EST
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Oct 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
The Isles and Penguins are always so gentlemanly when they play each other. That means, “hate each other violently,” right?
Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM EST
Blake Comeau and the New York Islanders were able to avoid salary arbitration as they agreed to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EST
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The vast majority of arbitration eligible restricted free agents have already signed contracts with their current teams, but there are still a few teams and players negotiating as their arbitration hearings loom.
Jul 9, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
The NHLPA announced when the players who chose to go to salary arbitration will head to court should they not get a deal worked out before then.
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Nov 4, 2010, 11:42 PM EST[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=-7&id=81514&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
It has been rough lately for Ottawa goalie Brian Elliott but he was on his game in a big way tonight. Late in the third period with Ottawa on the power play, Elliott would have to make two tough shorthanded saves on two separate breakaway attempts by Blake Comeau and Frans Nielsen. Elliott’s stops helped…
Oct 16, 2010, 12:42 AM EST
The Penguins are upset over a game-misconduct penalty given to defenseman Kris Letang for a hit to the head of Blake Comeau. Their problem? Comeau wasn’t even hit in the head.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 24
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)