Jun 14, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Neither teams have been to a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals with their main core groups (if ever), but they’ve already played in a Game 7 or two in this year’s playoffs. Let’s look back at how they played in those games.
Jun 10, 2011, 5:21 AM EDT
The word is that Roberto Luongo will remain in Vancouver’s net for Game 5. That word came from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, though, so you never really know.
Apr 26, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Despite all the pressure on the Canucks to avoid an epic collapse, the Blackhawks face a new kind of pressure too. This is their first Game 7 since 1995.
Apr 26, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick preview tonight’s double header of Game 7 matches, with the Sabres taking on the Flyers and the Blackhawks facing the Canucks.
Apr 25, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo’s career is full of brilliant peaks and dark valleys, but to many fans, his Game 7 performance will ultimately decide his legacy.
Apr 17, 2011, 11:58 PM EDT
The Canucks have the defending champions on the ropes with a 3-0 series. This post recaps their 3-2 win over the Blackhawks.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:02 AM EDT
The Canucks took a 2-0 lead, but a wild finish might give the defending champion Blackhawks some needed confidence as the series shifts back to Chicago.
Apr 14, 2011, 1:06 AM EDT
Roberto Luongo also had a 32-save shutout tonight, as he blanked the Blackhawks in a 2-0 win for the Canucks.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 42
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)