Jun 14, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Neither teams have been to a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals with their main core groups (if ever), but they’ve already played in a Game 7 or two in this year’s playoffs. Let’s look back at how they played in those games.
Jun 10, 2011, 5:21 AM EDT
The word is that Roberto Luongo will remain in Vancouver’s net for Game 5. That word came from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, though, so you never really know.
Apr 26, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Despite all the pressure on the Canucks to avoid an epic collapse, the Blackhawks face a new kind of pressure too. This is their first Game 7 since 1995.
Apr 26, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick preview tonight’s double header of Game 7 matches, with the Sabres taking on the Flyers and the Blackhawks facing the Canucks.
Apr 25, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo’s career is full of brilliant peaks and dark valleys, but to many fans, his Game 7 performance will ultimately decide his legacy.
Apr 17, 2011, 11:58 PM EDT
The Canucks have the defending champions on the ropes with a 3-0 series. This post recaps their 3-2 win over the Blackhawks.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:02 AM EDT
The Canucks took a 2-0 lead, but a wild finish might give the defending champion Blackhawks some needed confidence as the series shifts back to Chicago.
Apr 14, 2011, 1:06 AM EDT
Roberto Luongo also had a 32-save shutout tonight, as he blanked the Blackhawks in a 2-0 win for the Canucks.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6